5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau for 5.7 bed 2020 Ram

Jowilly66

Reaction score
Any suggestions on Tonneau cover that would be less than $200?
I have normal tailgate and the OEM rail system in the box.

Thanks.

Alexxmackk

Reaction score
Any suggestions on Tonneau cover that would be less than $200?
I have normal tailgate and the OEM rail system in the box.

Thanks.

Also looking for something like this for a 2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got this one for the occasional vacation / road trip.
Excellent quality for the price. I'd recommend. Don't think you can do much lower than $250 on a decent cover.
1607963527265.png

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Tonnopro were about the cheapest covers I found before, might look at those. Never had one so can't speak to quality.

I used to have an Access Vanish cover that I liked, but I think it was about $300 when I got it.

Might check Amazon Warehouse deals if you have Prime on certain covers. I just ordered a Truxedo Pro X15 for $200 off retail, listing said its missing some hardware. There's free returns so if its a mess I'll just send it back.

Alexxmackk

Reaction score
Tonnopro were about the cheapest covers I found before, might look at those. Never had one so can't speak to quality.

I used to have an Access Vanish cover that I liked, but I think it was about $300 when I got it.

Might check Amazon Warehouse deals if you have Prime on certain covers. I just ordered a Truxedo Pro X15 for $200 off retail, listing said its missing some hardware. There's free returns so if its a mess I'll just send it back.

I have Amazon prime how I check the warehouse deals ?

jsteinm1

Reaction score
I have Amazon prime how I check the warehouse deals ?

They'll show up as a "Used" product if you click on the "New & Used ... From XXX" link on a product page (this link moves and changes based on the product and what's available). For example, Amazon Warehouse has a Truxedo TruXport 6.4ft bed cover for $136. They list this one as having "large cosmetic imperfections". I've had really good luck with Amazon Warehouse deals in the past, I ordered a wifi router once with that same "Used - Acceptable" rating and it was in like new condition. Its a crapshoot but you can return it if its not to your liking. You don't need Prime to buy these things, but I think you need Prime for the free returns part of it (not sure on that). The warehouse deals are generally products that have been purchased and returned to Amazon and have damaged packaging or damaged/missing parts, so you can find some really good deals sometimes.

FYI the Pro X15 cover I ordered was listed as "Used - Good" and the description said its missing hardware. I figure as long as the cover itself is in good shape I can just buy bolts from the hardware store or order brackets from Truxedo depending on what's missing. The main thing I'm giving up on it is the warranty, since it's sold as used that gives Truxedo a reason to deny the warranty on it. I would rather have the warranty, but historically I've made very very few claims on stuff like this, and generally you have to pay to ship it back out of pocket with these warranties too. Shipping stopped me from doing a warranty claim on my old Iron Cross running boards that the finish came off of cause I'd have to pay an arm and a leg to ship them back for repair and hope it doesn't do it again.

Capture.PNG

jsteinm1

Reaction score

Cover showed up today. Was missing a couple bucks worth of basic hardware I got from Ace and the weather stripping, but other than that cover was mint condition.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They'll show up as a "Used" product if you click on the "New & Used ... From XXX" link on a product page (this link moves and changes based on the product and what's available). For example, Amazon Warehouse has a Truxedo TruXport 6.4ft bed cover for $136. They list this one as having "large cosmetic imperfections". I've had really good luck with Amazon Warehouse deals in the past, I ordered a wifi router once with that same "Used - Acceptable" rating and it was in like new condition. Its a crapshoot but you can return it if its not to your liking. You don't need Prime to buy these things, but I think you need Prime for the free returns part of it (not sure on that). The warehouse deals are generally products that have been purchased and returned to Amazon and have damaged packaging or damaged/missing parts, so you can find some really good deals sometimes.

FYI the Pro X15 cover I ordered was listed as "Used - Good" and the description said its missing hardware. I figure as long as the cover itself is in good shape I can just buy bolts from the hardware store or order brackets from Truxedo depending on what's missing. The main thing I'm giving up on it is the warranty, since it's sold as used that gives Truxedo a reason to deny the warranty on it. I would rather have the warranty, but historically I've made very very few claims on stuff like this, and generally you have to pay to ship it back out of pocket with these warranties too. Shipping stopped me from doing a warranty claim on my old Iron Cross running boards that the finish came off of cause I'd have to pay an arm and a leg to ship them back for repair and hope it doesn't do it again.

View attachment 76611
Apply 303 or Extang Tonneau Tonic (I think it is the same) and the cover will last and no need for a warranty. My Black Max Extang on my 2001 Dodge 1500 is on the 2nd one and is 9 years old with minimum maintenance, first one made the 10 yr mark (warranty) with some maintenance and had failure on the stitched corners. The truck was never garaged.

I purchased mud flaps from Amazon for less than $30.00 on clearance and they fit BUT not an exact fit, function good, form not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread