5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Cover

gbertram14

Reaction score
Best tonneau covers for 2021 Rebels. Prefer hard trifold but looking for any input. Thanks

Amazing93

Reaction score
This is the cover I have. I love the color match look and the carpeted underside matches my bedrug.

DenCoRam

Reaction score
A lot depends on your needs and requirements of the cover. Things like ease of removal, how much room of the bed is still usable, how secure it will be, etc. Also, make sure you look for opinions from those that have had multiple types/brands/etc. of covers to compare. I often find responses to questions like this on forums to be filled with a lot of feedback from people pushing the one and only type of product they're familiar with.

I've had soft roll up (Truxedo), hard tri/quad fold (Fold-a-cover), roll up aluminum slat (Bak), and am now running a Retrax XR retractable slot cover. All of them were good for the requirements I had at the time. Current one was selected due to the integrated t-slots in the rails allowing me to easily install/remove a bed rack for a roof top tent.

If I had to choose just one out of what I've owned so far, it would be the BAK revolver X4.

Mother

Reaction score
I'm happy with my Truxedo Sentry CT. Looks great and water intrusion is minimal, if any.

As said above, though, check around and see what fits your needs best. Narrow it down and then search for some reviews on specific models to see how other owners' experiences stack up.

singlerail

Reaction score
on my dakota I had a snap on vinyl it was horrible....
I've heard, but no experience is the retractable ones suck in the winter
after many reviews, i went with bakflip MX4, so far so good, sticks sometimes opening, and will tweak it in warmer weather... also gotta broom snow off or your never getting in due to the weight.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I’m pretty happy with the OEM soft tri-fold.
Has performed great so far. Easy to remove without help and it still looks brand new.

Cheers,

Florida Man

Reaction score
A lot depends on your needs and requirements of the cover. Things like ease of removal, how much room of the bed is still usable, how secure it will be, etc. Also, make sure you look for opinions from those that have had multiple types/brands/etc. of covers to compare. I often find responses to questions like this on forums to be filled with a lot of feedback from people pushing the one and only type of product they're familiar with.

I've had soft roll up (Truxedo), hard tri/quad fold (Fold-a-cover), roll up aluminum slat (Bak), and am now running a Retrax XR retractable slot cover. All of them were good for the requirements I had at the time. Current one was selected due to the integrated t-slots in the rails allowing me to easily install/remove a bed rack for a roof top tent.

If I had to choose just one out of what I've owned so far, it would be the BAK revolver X4.
Why the Bak revolver x4 over the Retrax? Other than price the Retrax seems like it would be the best of what you listed, IMHO.

matt.weingart

Reaction score
I have the retrax and love it. I also had one on my F150 and Tundra. If I was ordering a new one I would spend the extra $100 and get the one that can have a rack mounted to the top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reverse

Reaction score
I have the Retrax after several soft covers. Retrax is great for securing cargo, but the downside is the damn canister takes up so much space. If I had to do it again I'd go with the Decked system for securely storing my stuff with either no cover or maybe a soft cover to go over that.

DenCoRam

Reaction score
Why the Bak revolver x4 over the Retrax? Other than price the Retrax seems like it would be the best of what you listed, IMHO.
As Reverse indicated, the space taken up by the canister in the bed. With the revolver x4, you don't lose any of the bed and it was fairly easy to remove the cover when absolutely needed.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
I'm going with the bakflip mx4 when my Rebel comes in. I had the Truxedo Lo-Pro on my last Ram and although I liked it, I wanted something more flush to the bed.

jchickman

Reaction score
This is the cover I have. I love the color match look and the carpeted underside matches my bedrug.
Strongly considering the A.R.E. Fusion since it's the only folding cover I can find in white, but it is expensive. Are you happy with yours?

Charger68

Reaction score
Another vote for retrax. We just installed the pro xr and it really looks good on the Rebel, ties in nice with the graphics and side steps

Skater

Reaction score
I will throw the WeatherTech Tri-Fold Alloy into the competition. Love it. 'Nuff said!

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m pretty happy with the OEM soft tri-fold.
Has performed great so far. Easy to remove without help and it still looks brand new.

Cheers,

Do you notice any flapping/ wind noise from it?

Amazing93

Reaction score
Strongly considering the A.R.E. Fusion since it's the only folding cover I can find in white, but it is expensive. Are you happy with yours?
I am the color isn't appreciated match but the tri coat pearl color is hard to match. He'll even the factory bumpers don't match. But it's a solid cover built well.

Lufty

Banned
Reaction score
Op- this is my Mopar hard tri-fold on my Rebel. Works good and IMO looks even better.

Attachments

• 59E52130-6809-44EC-8582-62A1387C113C.jpeg
    59E52130-6809-44EC-8582-62A1387C113C.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 70

Supercraig1

Reaction score
Hi,
Just picked up a 19 rebel. I had my eye on the Lomax trifold as the demos show how simple removal is when needed (vs folding against the window). Anyone have experience with this one?

I need something secure (live in the city) and want easy/quick removal (loading dirt bikes)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread