5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau cover

Spirito2

Reaction score
Exact same thing happened to me. I have been waiting for over a month for a new one to come in.
How much of pain was it dealing with FCA so far my service advisor submitted the imaging but hasn't heard back anything and shes on vacation til Tuesday now

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Neither, it is the factory tonneau cover.

Ksilva211

Reaction score
How much of pain was it dealing with FCA so far my service advisor submitted the imaging but hasn't heard back anything and shes on vacation til Tuesday now
They told me it will be replaced but I still have not received it so I guess time will tell

Ksilva211

Reaction score
Dod
Did you have any damage to your bed and if so did they fix it
I did have a couple small scratches and they claim they are going to fix it when the cover comes in. I guess we will see

ponypride

Reaction score
Well, my truck has arrived at the dealership. I have to make my final decision regarding the tonneau Cover. I have narrowed it to the Bak MX4 and the Diamondback HD. I think I am going with the Diamondback because of the locking mechanism & security. If anyone owns one, I would like your feedback.

The2ndlife

Reaction score
Well, my truck has arrived at the dealership. I have to make my final decision regarding the tonneau Cover. I have narrowed it to the Bak MX4 and the Diamondback HD. I think I am going with the Diamondback because of the locking mechanism & security. If anyone owns one, I would like your feedback.
have you got your diamondback cover? Curious to know how it fits..

Duane

Reaction score
Exact same thing happened to me. I have been waiting for over a month for a new one to come in.

I have some gaps with my factory tonneau; my Service Manager immediately ordered me a new one under warranty.
It seems that using (8) strategically-placed clamps (rather than four) would have been safer & tighter. The Parts Dept. indicates that the LIST price for additional clamps is $ 150.00 though forget that idea I guess.
I'd like mine to be WATER TIGHT if possible.....that said, with the RamBox I've still got those nice big gaps on the rear left & right sides (by the tailgate).

Bcrance

Reaction score
Anybody having issues with it not clapping down tight with the factory
Same with my 2019 limited and factory tonneau-design and centering/fitment is ok but rear clamps will not bring cover down tight and “wiggles”/flops pretty good at higher speeds! I put a couple of wood “shims” underneath the end of clamp and then it tightened properly! I thought it would have been designed to have “adjustability” (maybe on clamp handle??) Where you could adjust the clamp tightness!?? I thought for awhile that I was possibly missing some part of the operation but don’t think so?!

Users who are viewing this thread