5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Cover with Rambar Installation Guide

taskhaa

Reaction score
Hey yall! I know many people didn't install Rambar because it's not compatible with tonneau cover. Here is how I make it compatible with only minor modification on the tonneau cover side rail.

2021 Ram Rebel
Gator Soft-Roll
Rambar (Parts# 85515959) Parts website said it doesn't fit 2021 Ram, which is misleading.

WechatIMG19.jpeg

Last edited:

taskhaa

Reaction score
There are two bolts on each side of the Rambar, so we have to leave spaces for the bolts to fit the side rails.
WechatIMG12.jpeg
Use your knife to cut the rubs off. It's very simple. I didn't drill any hole on the metal because it's not wide enough.
WechatIMG13.jpeg

taskhaa

Reaction score
It fits but there are noticeable gaps. I highly recommend yall to buy foam tapes if you don't allow any leaks to happens.
WechatIMG14.jpeg
WechatIMG16.jpeg WechatIMG17.jpeg

Georgf

Reaction score
Just curious, if the Rambar protrudes above the roof, is it felt when driving on the highway? is there any noise at speed or deterioration in aerodynamics?

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks good. I got a hard cover. Mx4. I would be able to install but not flip all the way up to cab

taskhaa

Reaction score
Just curious, if the Rambar protrudes above the roof, is it felt when driving on the highway? is there any noise at speed or deterioration in aerodynamics?
Nossir. They are pretty tight (rambar+cover) and won't make noise at all.

taskhaa

Reaction score
It looks good. I got a hard cover. Mx4. I would be able to install but not flip all the way up to cab
Yessir. Same problem as well. I can't roll all the way up. I think the only thing works in this case will be a retractable cover. It's quite expensive :(

GioK68

Reaction score
hi, not that i can tell, being all round surfaces i assume they let the air flow, on the contrary of a storage box or a tent for example.

Users who are viewing this thread