5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau cover suggestions

2021REBEL

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a tonneau cover for my 2021 ram rebel. I am looking for a hard cover one. The dealer quoted me around $1,080 CAD or so plus tax and instal. Just wondering what everyone has gone with and if there are any better options (cheaper, better quality).

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

-Anthony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BThiesing

Reaction score
My coworker has the bakflip hard cover on his rebel and I love it. He needs the security for when he parks in the city for his business. Its very sturdy and stays damn dry. Too rich for my blood at the moment unfortunately

jefferyrw

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a tonneau cover for my 2021 ram rebel. I am looking for a hard cover one. The dealer quoted me around $1,080 CAD or so plus tax and instal. Just wondering what everyone has gone with and if there are any better options (cheaper, better quality).

-Anthony

I don't have my truck yet (waiting to be shipped) but I plan on putting a Bakflip MX4 on mine. I am also putting a bedrug in it. I had a bedrud in my 2008 RAM and loved it.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Some info

captainzombie

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

-Anthony

I just ordered the Bakflip MX4 yesterrday from Realtruck and should be here tomorrow. I've owned the MX4 on my last 2 trucks (Colorado and Silverado) and overall was pretty happy with it. They did have to send me out a second one on the Silverado at the time because the first one was not lining up properly by the tail gate.

Kone

Reaction score
Many options to cover many needs and wants so hard to make recommendations. A lot of people will say they like their XYZ top. That said, I have a new Leer HF350M and like it a lot. I'd buy it again. Good luck.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bakflip MX4 on mine. Pretty good cover. Lots of good ones out there. Look for a deal. I don't like the roll up ones though on a 5'7 box...takes up too much space.

Abitton

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

-Anthony

Paragon covers are fantastic. The full set with upgrades runs $1000 on sale. Worth looking into. https://www.peragon.com/

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got a question because I'm also looking at these (Bakflip MX4 primarily.) If they have channels to direct the water out of the bed, how does that work if you're facing downhill? Wouldn't the water just run in the channels down into the front of the bed?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just watched the installation video. Didn't know about the drain tubes.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bakflip MX4 here also, love it.

DO NOT order from tonneaucovered.com, worst experience ever buying something online.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
I just got an Undercover Flex - pretty much the same thing as a BAKFlip MX4, but has carpet on the underside of the panels and a 5-year warranty (vice the 3-year warranty offered by BAK) - same price (around $980).

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

-Anthony

Do you know what the dealer is offering for that price? When I got my 2019 Limited, dealer recommended and installed a Bakflip MX4 over the Mopar hard tonneau for about that price. I've been happy with it.

2021REBEL

Reaction score
Do you know what the dealer is offering for that price? When I got my 2019 Limited, dealer recommended and installed a Bakflip MX4 over the Mopar hard tonneau for about that price. I've been happy with it.

I’m not 100% sure.

Drummond

Reaction score
What was the issue with tonneaucovered.com? I was going to order from them today

Drummond

Reaction score
Thanks. Had the Access Lorado on last truck for 9 years. Held up very well, so thinking that's what I'll get again

Users who are viewing this thread