5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Cover recommendations?

Bwarren2

Reaction score
Looking for a hard tonneau, or retractable tonneau. Any recs? I don’t want a Bac since my last one fell apart and I think the Gator EFX is the same one for cheaper. Thanks for your help.

gpbst3

Reaction score
Undercover flex was a decent cover. Not impressed at all withe Bakflip I have now. If I was doing it again I would look at the extang solid fold.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
FYI - wish the best of luck.

berniemac23

Reaction score
Love my trifold from weather tech. So far it’s good. I love their product. Plus this has 3 yrs warranty vs 2yrs from other brands.

Attachments

• 5F239B13-AAF2-4CEF-BCB3-BB30F71F87CA.jpeg
    5F239B13-AAF2-4CEF-BCB3-BB30F71F87CA.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 90

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I really liked our Tyger trifold

Low on cost easy set up great customer service.

Did I say low cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alamgirian6329

Reaction score
I want to go Retrax route, but I have MFT - and I **DONT** want to remove factory support brackets with the aftermarket fabricated ones - dont want to loose warranty.

Stevenc150

Reaction score
Looking for a hard tonneau, or retractable tonneau. Any recs? I don’t want a Bac since my last one fell apart and I think the Gator EFX is the same one for cheaper. Thanks for your help.
Like u I really wanted a retractable or hard shell, no folder or roller. I settled on this Pace Edwards Switchblade. If u can operate a blind, it's that simple & as cheap as any of the higher folder/rollers. Got it off ebay, [pic of seller below]. I literally had the item 2 business days after I ordered it. DONT get it from realtruck.com. I can get pictures of mine if u want.

Also, if u can stomach it...for $400 more u can get the Metal Switchblade which is a step up. Which is worth it imo...just not my wife's

Screenshot_20200712-034220_Chrome.jpg

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the extang xceed and like it a lot. I had a Lomax and if was ok but didn't love it. I posted a thread about the xceed.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Diamondback SE on a short bed with MFT. It may not be for everyone, but I think it is great!

Nearly perfect waterproofing, works with the MFT in all directions, very well built, easy install.

Limited options if you want to retain the MFT corner brackets. And I can’t use a cover that has any part hang off the bed rails into the box, this one sits on top, so perfect for me.

Had a Fold-a-Cover on the last pickup, that one was very good, opened up more, sat on top, less sturdy, but not compatible with MFT. Although their customer service was great in 2015, not so much in 2019...

I’d recommend both.

Tomphot

Reaction score
Love my Peragon cover. Comes completely off in a couple minutes to give you full use of he entire bed when you need it. I'm on my second one, first was used on 2 1500s.

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
Love my Bak RevolverX4

Been looking at this one as well. How's it at keeping water out (yes, I know none are perfect). Does it fit RamBoxes and MFT? Any more input or information would be much appreciated. Have been torn between this one and the hard tri-fold BakFlip.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
WeatherTech tri-Gold here as well. I like that it is metal, not afraid to put things on top or even strap item on it (I have bullrings on the corners for tie down)

Daytona440

Reaction score
I did a lot of research. Last week I finally ordered a Diamondback HD in smooth black.

Reactions: CED

CED

Reaction score
Great choice, I got the SE for my 8 ft bed.

yodahog

Reaction score
I have the Rough Country hard tri-fold. Happy with it so far!

Users who are viewing this thread