5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Cover Question

Seaeco

Reaction score
Does anyone own the Truxcedo Sentry CT cover and if so, what has your experience been? what do you like, don’t like, or would change?

Phoebe

Reaction score
It is lightweight, provides a quick and effortless installation within 30 minutes. The Truxedo helps me keep my cargo waterproof.

Sjay

Reaction score
I have the Truxedo Pro X15 and it is a very nice cover, looks real nice and functions well. If I had to do it over again I would have probably went with a hard cover.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
FYI

I think the Sentry CT has the best look with its low profile, uniform appearance, no rubber on the sides and the tailgate rubber is unobtrusive.
Rolled up you can look out the back window vs trifolds. Rolled up it still has a nice appearance (if you like black). It can be removed.
Sentry is secured via tail gate, mid latch and velcro. It may not appear as secure as some covers.
Have to close the tailgate before closing the cover.
I do not know the long term appearance as far as the slats showing through the cover material.
3 year warranty, some covers have longer warranty.

Competitor
Bak Revolver release clips stick out to the inside of the bed and can create an issue if not careful putting and taking things out of the bed. Some reports about the locking system in freezing wet weather. Finish on the side rails at the tailgate seems to be lacking by some comments. The Bak may be a little more difficult to get the install right.

I do not have personal experience but have reviewed the forum posts and for my needs (carry a motorcycle) I am leaning towards purchasing a Sentry CT. Many appear happy with the various covers they have purchased.

Majority of cover brands fall under the "Truck Hero" umbrella. I believe Access does not, which produces the Lomax of which many are happy with.

Seaeco

Reaction score
FYI

I think the Sentry CT has the best look with its low profile, uniform appearance, no rubber on the sides and the tailgate rubber is unobtrusive.
Rolled up you can look out the back window vs trifolds. Rolled up it still has a nice appearance (if you like black). It can be removed.
Sentry is secured via tail gate, mid latch and velcro. It may not appear as secure as some covers.
Have to close the tailgate before closing the cover.
I do not know the long term appearance as far as the slats showing through the cover material.
3 year warranty, some covers have longer warranty.

Competitor
Bak Revolver release clips stick out to the inside of the bed and can create an issue if not careful putting and taking things out of the bed. Some reports about the locking system in freezing wet weather. Finish on the side rails at the tailgate seems to be lacking by some comments. The Bak may be a little more difficult to get the install right.

I do not have personal experience but have reviewed the forum posts and for my needs (carry a motorcycle) I am leaning towards purchasing a Sentry CT. Many appear happy with the various covers they have purchased.

Majority of cover brands fall under the "Truck Hero" umbrella. I believe Access does not, which produces the Lomax of which many are happy with.
Thanks for the link and detailed info! Just placed the order and it should be here next week.

Users who are viewing this thread