5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Cover Pics

CaptainJC

Reaction score
I ordered my lomax for Rambox yesterday from Luke at truckalterations.com for $675 out the door and it should be arriving via Fed-Ex Today. Is everyone still satisfied with their cover?

Any installation tips or problems I should know about? It sounds like it is pretty simple..... Have you modded it in anyway?

Luke at Truck Alterations 828-926-4416 quoted me below (All prices are OTD with free shipping and no sales tax in TX):

Lomax $675
MX4 $820
BAK F1 $870

Thoughts?
Thanks @kipeharris , this post just helped me find Luke at truck alterations, spoke with him this AM and just ordered a BakFlip F1 for my truck.

bebrown1075

Reaction score
Thanks @kipeharris , this post just helped me find Luke at truck alterations, spoke with him this AM and just ordered a BakFlip F1 for my truck.
I hope the Bakflip rails work for you on the BUG rails and RamBox. I fought with BAK for weeks trying to get rails that would work properly on an MX4. They ultimately sent me an Undercover Armor Flex. The BAK rails are supposed to slide in to the groove on the top of the silver BUG rails and are complete trash. The tolerances have to be perfect for the rail to slide. The Undercover rails sandwich between the BUG rail and the bed itself.

I hope you have better luck :(

brian0128

Reaction score
I was torn between the RetraxPro XR and the Truck Covers USA. I ended up going with the Truck Covers USA for two main reasons, number 1: you can release the top from a locked position without needing a key, number 2: the canister is the smallest on the market. I completed the install with a bedrug bed mat and some led strip lights. I have yakima hd crossbars with a yakima off grid basket on their way to install in the factory installed tracks on the side rails for cargo overload and hopefully a new Hobie Mirage Outback kayak I’ve been looking at getting. After a month of having the setup on my truck I can tell you I’m pretty dang happy with it.
ea264ac9451add27abbf9b85c7b038b1.jpg

e50c9ada24ca46e41a2514b2463f7472.jpg

d5de18748833a43174059dffd5176277.jpg

6c7596784ae2cd78201e0cda2a7d5ae3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you still happy with the Truck Covers USA tonneau?

Choate

Reaction score
This came on my truck. It’s a “truxedo” brand lol. It’s pretty nice. Fits really well. Rolls up after you pull the levers on the inside of the bed. Velcros down along the sides.

EAEDD6C1-0AA6-4457-B886-4543BA0D7873.jpeg

Javerso

Reaction score
Not a close up shot. But this is my retractable pace Edwards ultragroove cover. Such a clean look and works amazing.

062c40103b686d8347c3f2f1b19dd4d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maldiny19

Reaction score
Hey Guys - Thanks for all the info. I believe I am pretty set on the Undercover Armour Flex. Are there any Reps on here that can help a guy out with a discount or any insight into what websites are offering the the best prices?

Right now I have a decent number on AutoAnything.com.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I just ordered the ArmorFlex last weekend on Amazon and it was delivered today. I wasn't able to find any real deals on it anywhere else, and Amazon had free Prime shipping. I may install it this evening. I was able to compare the armor flex to a few others at local dealers and really liked the build and materials used better than the BAK MX4. I also considered the A.R.E color matched, there were a couple of things I didn't like about them at the time (though I don't remember exactly what those things were).

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have a part number for this cover?

Also, any issues with it?
I’ll have to check for the part #. It’s been a few years and no major issues with it. It was a worthwhile addition. I still really like it. The rubber seals along the sides have stretched and weathered a bit making it look raised/bumpy in some places which could potentially let more water in i guess, but nothing changed in the amount of seepage that I’ve noticed. Any decent rain and the corners of the bed get wet as it always has but the center stays dry.

Denali

Reaction score
I’ll have to check for the part #. It’s been a few years and no major issues with it. It was a worthwhile addition. I still really like it. The rubber seals along the sides have stretched and weathered a bit making it look raised/bumpy in some places which could potentially let more water in i guess, but nothing changed in the amount of seepage that I’ve noticed. Any decent rain and the corners of the bed get wet as it always has but the center stays dry.
Can you open and close the tailgate with the top closed? How are the panels holding up -- scratches cracking chipping etc.?

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you open and close the tailgate with the top closed? How are the panels holding up -- scratches cracking chipping etc.?
I believe it is part #68581085aa
Yes, tailgate opens and closes with the cover closed. Panels are a durable plastic or composite material that are holding up well. They don’t scratch, have not chipped or cracked but can be dented. The black painted aluminum frame at the tailgate does scratch easily. Overall its holding up well and after 3 years of use I’d recommend it. My understanding is that when I bought mine, it was a Mopar branded Bakflip made cover. So you can look at Bakflip as an option or for more details.

Denali

Reaction score
I believe it is part #68581085aa
Yes, tailgate opens and closes with the cover closed. Panels are a durable plastic or composite material that are holding up well. They don’t scratch, have not chipped or cracked but can be dented. The black painted aluminum frame at the tailgate does scratch easily. Overall its holding up well and after 3 years of use I’d recommend it. My understanding is that when I bought mine, it was a Mopar branded Bakflip made cover. So you can look at Bakflip as an option or for more details.
I got one off of Facebook marketplace new in the box. Seller ordered it from our local Ram dealer and it took forever to arrive, he had to sell his 1500 Limited to get a HD rig to tow his new 5th wheel so never had a chance to install it. I made an offer and got it for 50% off retail! I installed tonight and it looks and works great! Thanks for all your help! (y)

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks really good. Does it leak alot? Does the cover fold up/mate up to the back window?
Not a lot but hard rain seeps into the corners and sometimes the sides drip over the wheel wells. It does fold up to the rear window for nearly full bed access.

Users who are viewing this thread