5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau cover nitpicks

Sandman 514

Reaction score
I recently acquired a 2023 Ram new body 1500 Quad Cab. I just got the Line X done and my Undercover Armorflex showed up while it was getting sprayed. When I checked out, I finally got a chance to actually fiddle with the sample tonneau covers they had in the lobby. I settled on the Undercover ArmorFlex due to the durability, warranty, reviews, and weather resistance. But I did have a gripe after getting hand on the Lomax. I'm hoping someone can chime in and tell me this is fixable. I loved everything about the Undercover, but the latches. When the Lomax latched, it held the rear very tight to the seals and rail. The Undercover in the lobby had a bit of wiggle/ rattle in it. Can that be adjusted out? Or should I consider swapping if that bugs me?

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I recently acquired a 2023 Ram new body 1500 QCSB. I just got the Line X done and my Undercover Armorflex showed up while it was getting sprayed. When I checked out, I finally got a chance to actually fiddle with the sample tonneau covers they had in the lobby. I settled on the Undercover ArmorFlex due to the durability, warranty, reviews, and weather resistance. But I did have a gripe after getting hand on the Lomax. I'm hoping someone can chime in and tell me this is fixable. I loved everything about the Undercover, but the latches. When the Lomax latched, it held the rear very tight to the seals and rail. The Undercover in the lobby had a bit of wiggle/ rattle in it. Can that be adjusted out? Or should I consider swapping if that bugs me?
Have to realize the displays in lobby get played with a lot and probably aren't adjusted properly, or worn a little

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently acquired a 2023 Ram new body 1500 Quad Cab. I just got the Line X done and my Undercover Armorflex showed up while it was getting sprayed. When I checked out, I finally got a chance to actually fiddle with the sample tonneau covers they had in the lobby. I settled on the Undercover ArmorFlex due to the durability, warranty, reviews, and weather resistance. But I did have a gripe after getting hand on the Lomax. I'm hoping someone can chime in and tell me this is fixable. I loved everything about the Undercover, but the latches. When the Lomax latched, it held the rear very tight to the seals and rail. The Undercover in the lobby had a bit of wiggle/ rattle in it. Can that be adjusted out? Or should I consider swapping if that bugs me?
I’ve had an ArmorFlex for close to five years now, it was originally on my 2019 then switched it to my 2021 fits snug. Only issue I’ve had was one of the clips that holds the prop rods stowed against the rail broke, but Undercover sent me 4 new ones no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread