5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau cover issues w/Rambox and BUG help!

Chaser

Reaction score
There are many discussions on this forum regarding these covers and the two different rail types. I believe BAK has rails to fit either the black or silver rails - and thought the silver just came on later builds. Mine has silver and the rails that they sent me (that were correct for silver) did not fit, so they sent me a modified rail, which has a mount that I thought would work with any rail. See the photo. It may be hard to see but it has a tab that slides and then tightens from the top.

After calling BAK directly and Morrie at TFO, they both agreed that the only option for the MX4 and practically every other tonneau cover is the silver rails. The only tonneau cover that works with the black rails is the soft mopar trifold.

MNLimited

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've got the factory mopar soft roll up and absolutely hate it. Not sure why ram didn't consider a solution to fill in the 1/2" gap between tailgate and rambox but all of my tools get soaked in rain and carwash. I have the BUG with silver rails. Any suggestions for covers that seal properly?

Attachments

• tonneau 1.jpg
    tonneau 1.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 87
  • tonneau 2.jpg
    tonneau 2.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 82

Hanmore

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've got the factory mopar soft roll up and absolutely hate it. Not sure why ram didn't consider a solution to fill in the 1/2" gap between tailgate and rambox but all of my tools get soaked in rain and carwash. I have the BUG with silver rails. Any suggestions for covers that seal properly?
I had the same cover. I put weather stripping on the end and there are stoppers on the front inside of the cover that I taped a 3/4 in rubber piece
and it moved the cover back that much further on the tailgate. It was almost waterproof in the end. I also tighted up all four of the clamps.

Zeeya

Reaction score
2019 Rebel, build date 5/19. Did not have Mopar cover so truck came with silver rails. Had Bakflip MX4 installed last week. No issues. Accessory shop pulled rails off and put the seal between box and rails and also added seals in the back area at tail gate. I’ve taken to car wash and used pressure wand to spray over area. Just a little gets into back on each corner of tailgate. I’ll see how long seals hold up, but satisfied for now

SRT-8 Mitch

Reaction score
I bought the factory soft cover with my truck. Did not like it (to many issues) so I bought the retrax RBL roll up .
Unfortunately I have the black rails and it will not fit. Dealer told me only the silver rails will work.
Silver rails are on order. Turning out to be an expensive change over.
I am in the same boat here. May I ask the part number you use to get the silver rails? Hi

LouCap

Reaction score
I am in the same boat here. May I ask the part number you use to get the silver rails? Hi
Before you switch out the rails, take a look at the Gator Hybrid folding tonneau. I have the BUG with black rails, and the Gator Hybrid works with them.
058dfe85f22dd0540817ea377d513d34.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
2019 Rebel, build date 5/19. Did not have Mopar cover so truck came with silver rails. Had Bakflip MX4 installed last week. No issues. Accessory shop pulled rails off and put the seal between box and rails and also added seals in the back area at tail gate. I’ve taken to car wash and used pressure wand to spray over area. Just a little gets into back on each corner of tailgate. I’ll see how long seals hold up, but satisfied for now

Do you have a pic of the seals you used near the tailgate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geobound

Reaction score
1-68027049AD RAIL- CARGO Paid 175.23 each Canadian
1-68027048AD RAIL-CARGO

Can I ask where you got your rails from?

I have the standard black ones that I have to switch over, and the dealer is quoting me $300.00/ea.

Hanmore

Reaction score
Can I ask where you got your rails from?

I have the standard black ones that I have to switch over, and the dealer is quoting me $300.00/ea.
Ordered from dealer. Had a discount coupon (for accesories )when I bought the truck so basically got them at dealer cost.

Users who are viewing this thread