5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau cover install question

epmd

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a Bakflip MX4/Mopar hard folding tonneau cover on a short bed with a drop in liner? Did you have to cut the liner to fit the rails?

(and yes, I realize I can just rip out the liner, and that spray in is better, but it was already in there at the dealer and I don't need to rip it out yet)

Adub

Reaction score
I have issues with my Truxedo truck. I have ram boxes with a drop in liner. I had to remove the tailgate piece just to get the rail to fit . I contacted the manufacturer they said it was a issue with the liner and not the cover itself.

B dub

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck installing the supplied mx4 rail on the cargo management system on the 2019 with rambox. I attempted to install mine today but no bueno! The fitment is way to tight. And yes I lubed up the rail with soapy water, silicon etc. I'd have to take a dead blow hammer to it to force it on?

19ramsport

Reaction score
I have issues with my Truxedo truck. I have ram boxes with a drop in liner. I had to remove the tailgate piece just to get the rail to fit . I contacted the manufacturer they said it was a issue with the liner and not the cover itself.

Did you try just trimming off the upper corners of your tailgate liner rather than completely removing it? That's what I had to do when I installed the Bakflip Roll-x rails on my old GMC truck with drop-in liner since the rails were hitting the tailgate liner.

Users who are viewing this thread