5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau cover Bakflip

Geno

Reaction score
Has anyone owned the MX4 or the F1 backflip tonneau cover? If so, is the F1 fading worst than the MX4? Or any other issues between the two?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You have very specific question and I don't think the answer is in this compilation. But you may find some of the information in this thread interesting. Best of luck on your search.

Bearman95

Reaction score
I have had my MX4 on my ram Laramie for approximately 18 months, no problems, no fading at all. I just wash it with soap and water when I wash the truck and that’s it, no other maintenance on it.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the F1 on mine for about 6 months and it still looks new. I know that isn't a long time, but I haven't had the truck long either.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

Reaction score
I have the Bakflip G2. I'm assuming the F1 has the same aluminum pebbled skin. The factory coating does fade over time and gets chalky. I re sprayed mine last summer with black epoxy spray paint (4 coats). It looks like new now. Hope this helps.

Geno

Reaction score
You have very specific question and I don't think the answer is in this compilation. But you may find some of the information in this thread interesting. Best of luck on your search.

Thank you

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
I've had the Bakflip G2 since 2012 on my 4th gen and it's getting transferred over to my 5th gen (cost savings demanded by wife) and it is only very slightly faded. Hit it with a coat of spray-n-shine, or your favourite spray was occasionally and it'll stay looking new.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you know if the mx4 will function with the ram bar or any other sports bar?

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So according to bak I need to settle for a backrack headache rack. I am juggling the original backrack and either a light at or two flood lights. I need something to mount rear facing lights. Can’t have people behind me driving with their brights on🤬

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can get the sports bar mounted but I’ll lose the functionality of the mx4 cover

Users who are viewing this thread