5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TomTom navigation tebooting

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks Dark. I actually found that Performance pages thread a few hours ago and started reading all i needed to know.
Wish there was a way to just switch off its ability to receive.
Its beyond me how Ram can force OTA updates on us. Just look at the mess they make of it !
We should be notified that they are available and be given the choice to go ahead or not !
Ive always waited for early adopters to report back with things like Microsoft and Iphone updates. Why should this be any different ?
Your last question is a very valid point...
It shouldn't be.
I was reading the other day some Ford E-Mach owners were getting their cars bricked by forced updates required the cars be towed to the dealership instead of letting you disable updates, or revert firmware yourself (or a safe mode boot to previous firmware to "limp" to the stealership).

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine has rebooted probably 3 times in the 6 months I've owned the truck. This is a lot considering I only use GPS a tiny fraction of the time I've driven the truck.

Every time it reboots, I have to pull over and restart the truck before I can reenter the navigation.

Last time it occurred may have been induced by little green men trying to mis-direct me into the desert so they could abduct me since I was in the vicinity of Roswell NM.
Mine has only rebooted once in the 16k miles I have on it.

What firmware version are you on? There are a handful of buggy releases and OTA updates don't work for a lot of people for the better or worse.

Users who are viewing this thread