5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TomTom navigation tebooting

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 1500 Limited w/ 12” screen. A few weeks ago the navigation shut down and started rebooting. Shortly after the maps open up it shuts down and reboots again. This is constant. Local dealer (not selling dealer) “does not know what is going on but we’ll research it and get back to you”. 🤔. It’s been several weeks and they still don’t know what is going on. Only the TomTom navigations seems to be malfunctioning. I ran software updates but no resolution. Anyone else experience this?

Papi4baby

Reaction score
My 22 has rebooted itself a few times but not a back to back thing.

Is only done it maybe 5 times for a little over a year of use.

Good luck, weird that they didn’t swap the radio, maybe try a different dealer. This I would think qualifies for Lemon.

Dyeelitt

Reaction score
My 2022 Limited has done this several times. It updated software on Thursday and now the Air conditioner does bow as strongly or as cold as previously. I have an appointment on Tuesday at the dealer in Reno. Hopefully he can find the problem and fix it quickly.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
What version is your UC5?
They are known for not updating and a ton of bugs were fixed.
Mine hasn't rebooted in over 8 months.

Papi4baby

Reaction score
My 2022 Limited has done this several times. It updated software on Thursday and now the Air conditioner does bow as strongly or as cold as previously. I have an appointment on Tuesday at the dealer in Reno. Hopefully he can find the problem and fix it quickly.
Funny you said that, mine has been weak I feel too it did update like a week prior to that.

Also had not rebooted in a while and it did also last week.

Also got no cell connection network a few times.

bassman1282

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 1500 Limited w/ 12” screen. A few weeks ago the navigation shut down and started rebooting. Shortly after the maps open up it shuts down and reboots again. This is constant. Local dealer (not selling dealer) “does not know what is going on but we’ll research it and get back to you”. 🤔. It’s been several weeks and they still don’t know what is going on. Only the TomTom navigations seems to be malfunctioning. I ran software updates but no resolution. Anyone else experience this?
Did you get any resolution on this? I just posted about the same issue then ran across yours.

andyclar

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue on my 2022 Ram 1500. I contacted Ram Cares and was told to contact Syrius XM Guardian. Havent done that yet. Really annoyed about the whole thing. And same thing with the AC not as powerful. This all happened after a Ram update.

Reaction score
Not yet but the dealership is hopefully moving on it. I’ll be following up again on Monday.
Update- After dealer tried several software updates Stellantis finally authorized a UC module replacement. A refurbished unit was installed and navigation seems to be working well 3-4 weeks after installation. Problem solved, only took from May - October to get results 🥴.

Ready Go

Reaction score
My brand new 2024 Laramie G/T has been doing the same TomTom reboot thing frequently (black screen). I uninstalled the widget from my Home screen and then reinstalled it (twice) and now it seems to be loading as it should (albeit, a bit slowly).

Thor Sequence Owner

Reaction score
Have same issue on 2022 Ram Promaster with Thor Sequence. Conversion. TomTom Navigation system shutdown while driving. On some instances it would reboot and restart on its own, other times would have to manually Restart ounselves. Have had it at the promaster dealer/service center several times they blamed it on too many codes so cleared them and sent us on our way. It continued happening and i contacted Ram Promaster directly they advised the unit was covered under warranty and should be replaced. Went back to the dealer they ordered a part and after waiting weeks had apt scheduled to get the infotainment center replaced. The day finally came and service was performed and when I received my warranty repair ticket the part that was replaced was the instrument cluster. Speedometer/tachometer/fuelgauge. I questioned the service advisor and he replied: “that’s what we were told to replace. Must be those electronics!”
How ridiculous ! Now i have to start all over with my complaints to Ram and the servicing dealer to get the correct defective part checked, ordered and replaced before the warranty runs out in the next 4 months.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Im sick of hearing about Ram updates and all the problems they cause. Im thinking that right now, while i dont have any issues, id like to deny them access.
Any idea how to do that ?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Could you point me to this "cable coupler" please ?
And where is the telematics box located ?
Look at this thread for instructions.
Same end result

This is the cable needed Fakra Z Male to Male https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PGRG1N6/

The box is behind the upper glovebox on the passenger side.
Remove radio, bottom glovebox, lower trim, middle trim, upper glovebox, then TBM box.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Look at this thread for instructions.
Same end result

This is the cable needed Fakra Z Male to Male Amazon.com

The box is behind the upper glovebox on the passenger side.
Remove radio, bottom glovebox, lower trim, middle trim, upper glovebox, then TBM box.
Thanks Dark. I actually found that Performance pages thread a few hours ago and started reading all i needed to know.
Wish there was a way to just switch off its ability to receive.
Its beyond me how Ram can force OTA updates on us. Just look at the mess they make of it !
We should be notified that they are available and be given the choice to go ahead or not !
Ive always waited for early adopters to report back with things like Microsoft and Iphone updates. Why should this be any different ?

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has rebooted probably 3 times in the 6 months I've owned the truck. This is a lot considering I only use GPS a tiny fraction of the time I've driven the truck.

Every time it reboots, I have to pull over and restart the truck before I can reenter the navigation.

Last time it occurred may have been induced by little green men trying to mis-direct me into the desert so they could abduct me since I was in the vicinity of Roswell NM.

Users who are viewing this thread