5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toggle switch for console that matches?

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Folks,

Anyone know of any aftermarket switches that match the RAM interior style?

I'm thinking about the air conditioning in my truck. I have a black interior and I think that using the "air conditioning hack" could help cool the interior. (It's not horrible, but I think it could be better. ;) )

There is a remote-controlled shutoff valve that I want to install upstream of my heater core. It is a power-on/closed valve. I need to put 12v on it for it to shut off the flow of hot coolant through the heater core.

My idea is to add a switch just under the radio stack and have that provide the power. The switch has to stay in either "on" or "off". (A bonus would be for it to reset to "off" once the truck is shut down. I'd like to have SOME flow through the heater core during our long summers and then choose to isolate the core after start-up.)

Thanks.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My head started spin after tumbling down the Amazon rabbit hole looking all the different kinds of switches, buttons, etc.

This is for the accent lights on my aftermarket headlights, small and simple. Lights up when it's on, dark when it off. I wired it to a relay as the switch is tiny and would fry with the accent light current running through it. 20230103_085344~2.jpg

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Folks,

Anyone know of any aftermarket switches that match the RAM interior style?

I'm thinking about the air conditioning in my truck. I have a black interior and I think that using the "air conditioning hack" could help cool the interior. (It's not horrible, but I think it could be better. ;) )

There is a remote-controlled shutoff valve that I want to install upstream of my heater core. It is a power-on/closed valve. I need to put 12v on it for it to shut off the flow of hot coolant through the heater core.

My idea is to add a switch just under the radio stack and have that provide the power. The switch has to stay in either "on" or "off". (A bonus would be for it to reset to "off" once the truck is shut down. I'd like to have SOME flow through the heater core during our long summers and then choose to isolate the core after start-up.)

Thanks.
The factory switch panel below the radio on a truck with air suspension has one more switch than you have. That switch is dual throw, not on/off, but maybe the single switch can be changed, I haven't had on in my hands, so don't know.

Reactions: c3k

Users who are viewing this thread