5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Tube Or Not To Tube - Should I Ask Matte?

drush

Reaction score
Hey all

Hopefully you enjoy my clever title - sorry I’m bored at work. So FCA has the program where I can get $750 off steps with a doctor’s note (I’ve broken 3 vertebrae, one foot twice and the other once). Unfortunately they say the tubular side steps aren’t available, only the regular running boards.

Looking for pictures and feedback for anyone that has gotten the regular running boards. Are you happy/not happy?

If I get them, should I go matte or gloss.

Thanks in advance for the help deciding.

doug55579

Reaction score
Hey all

Hopefully you enjoy my clever title - sorry I’m bored at work. So FCA has the program where I can get $750 off steps with a doctor’s note (I’ve broken 3 vertebrae, one foot twice and the other once). Unfortunately they say the tubular side steps aren’t available, only the regular running boards.

Looking for pictures and feedback for anyone that has gotten the regular running boards. Are you happy/not happy?

If I get them, should I go matte or gloss.

Thanks in advance for the help deciding.

Mine are made by Rough Country. They are fairly matte. I am very happy with them. They cost $400 shipped and are very easy to install. 3c.jpg

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Matte Black Mopar ones and am very pleased. $420 including tax.

Attachments

• 9DB4B4B6-2080-4D33-B82E-949742E973C0.jpeg
    9DB4B4B6-2080-4D33-B82E-949742E973C0.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 74

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where did you get them from? can you attach link please
My dealer. That’s standard. They are $495 list price and every dealer I’ve ever seen lists a 15% off all accessories coupon online. That brings them to $396 plus tax which here in Florida is 7%.

drush

Reaction score
Thanks Doug and Rampat for replies and pics - that helps. I think I will just go with the mopar ones and then I can always sell em if I change my mind!

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So FCA has the program where I can get $750 off steps with a doctor’s note (I’ve broken 3 vertebrae, one foot twice and the other once).

Hey man, where can I find more info on that program? My father is buying a ram without steps and we were looking at adding them after the deal. He has multiple back issues, and has had neck surgery to fuse a few vertebrae. $750 towards steps would help a ton obviously. Thanks a ton, and good luck with your steps!

drush

Reaction score
Hey man, where can I find more info on that program? My father is buying a ram without steps and we were looking at adding them after the deal. He has multiple back issues, and has had neck surgery to fuse a few vertebrae. $750 towards steps would help a ton obviously. Thanks a ton, and good luck with your steps!
It’s called the Auto Ability program

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score

That one?

- Adaptive equipment is defined as portable or permanent equipment that is required by persons with a permanent disability to drive, enter, exit and/or be transported safely in an FCA US motor vehicle. Factory-optional equipment is not reimbursable under this program. A prescription or note from a licensed medical doctor on physician’s letterhead stating the specific diagnosis is required for reimbursement, excluding exceptions listed above.

- Running boards qualify for reimbursement up to a maximum of $400 on eligible vehicles.

I have had to have multiple back items fixed .. but the program is for Perm. Disability Persons. I ordered the auto running boards for my rig to help me. I am still being treated for disc issues and had to have another epidural recently just to be able to walk. (old injury I obtained in the military).

drush

Reaction score
Yes my understanding is I have to pay for them first but I’m fine with that. I have the form filled out from my doctor as well as a prescription which, according to the document, is all that is required.

Users who are viewing this thread