5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Those With the Mid-Muffler Delete...

Straightener

Reaction score
I accomplished this mod over the weekend with the Solo Performance Kit. I owned two Dodge Chargers R/Ts previously (an '06 an '16) and did the same mod to them with fantastic results. I never touched the resonators, because my understanding was they were there to eliminate MDS drone. Once I completed the Ram, I was a bit surprised, as this is MUCH louder than the muffler delete in my old Chargers. Overall, the sound is good, but I am experiencing some very "low tones" that others have noted in these forums. It is borderline annoying, to the extent that I am considering revisiting this whole mod. I did limited troubleshooting to see if the ANC was producing/adding to this, and even with my window cracked open, I am still getting it. I read another thread where someone installed header wrap along the exhaust pipe that seemed to reduce this - I would consider, but am hesitant because I drive this truck through two seasons here in Buffalo - summer and winter, with winter generating large amounts of slush mixed with road salt. I am considering some type of performance muffler that I could add in - there are so many its overwhelming. Wondering what might tame the "low tones" while still maintaining the newfound rumble that I am enjoying.

Thanks for any advice!!

Users who are viewing this thread