5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To those who have upgraded tires and/or leveled. What would you do differently?

Steelchamps

Reaction score
Like most, I'm in the hesitant pull the trigger mode. I drive 50 miles per on highway. WANT either Ridge grapplers or KO2 for looks. Considering level. I MAY be responsible and get Falken Wilds to avoid 10 ply and hit on gas....but I think I may be regretful. Have 3k for tires, tint and level.

If you were to do your purchase over again, would you do it the same? Or would you try something different? If you have a set up that you love, can you post it up? I'm going to order in 48 hours and I need guidance.
Thanks!

renzo2213

Reaction score
Like most, I'm in the hesitant pull the trigger mode. I drive 50 miles per on highway. WANT either Ridge grapplers or KO2 for looks. Considering level. I MAY be responsible and get Falken Wilds to avoid 10 ply and hit on gas....but I think I may be regretful. Have 3k for tires, tint and level.

If you were to do your purchase over again, would you do it the same? Or would you try something different? If you have a set up that you love, can you post it up? I'm going to order in 48 hours and I need guidance.
Thanks!

I’m in the same boat as you! I’m deciding between a level, 2” mopar lift, or 3.5” rough country lift. I got the tint and muffler swapped out three weeks ago. I will be running either the ko2s or grapplers like you and I also drive on the highway 50 miles each way every day lol so about 100 miles round trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steelchamps

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat as you! I’m deciding between a level, 2” mopar lift, or 3.5” rough country lift. I got the tint and muffler swapped out three weeks ago. I will be running either the ko2s or grapplers like you and I also drive on the highway 50 miles each way every day lol so about 100 miles round trip

Well we need to make some decisions! I've been in limbo for over 2 months. It's hard.

Justin.Chavez

Reaction score

Thanks!

I just lifted my 2020 Ram 1500 sport. Was in debate about the mopar lift and the readylift sst 3.5" Ultimately went with readylift as it is about half the cost and it levels the truck. I love that the mopar lift would be warrantied and most say the ride is like stock but I wanted the factory rake out of my truck. Fairly happy with the decision however I feel the ride is probably superior in the mopar lift, but that's speculation. I went with the Ridge Grapplers and I am happy with them, great look, ride stable, definitely more sluggish throttle response now with the big wheels and tires. If I had to do it again i'm 50/50 I'm debating purchasing the mopar lift and installing to see the difference and then selling whichever I decide to go away from. Ultimately get what's going to make you happy. If you sacrifice what you want for gas mileage you won't be happy. Just my 2cp.

rzims

Reaction score
In the same boat. I just did the Bilstein level and now looking at tires. I drive about 50 miles a day on hwy.
I had the Falkens on my Jeep GC and loved them. At the end they got loud, but I wasn't real good about rotating and I've heard regularly rotating them helps avoid the noise as they wear.

renzo2213

Reaction score
I just lifted my 2020 Ram 1500 sport. Was in debate about the mopar lift and the readylift sst 3.5" Ultimately went with readylift as it is about half the cost and it levels the truck. I love that the mopar lift would be warrantied and most say the ride is like stock but I wanted the factory rake out of my truck. Fairly happy with the decision however I feel the ride is probably superior in the mopar lift, but that's speculation. I went with the Ridge Grapplers and I am happy with them, great look, ride stable, definitely more sluggish throttle response now with the big wheels and tires. If I had to do it again i'm 50/50 I'm debating purchasing the mopar lift and installing to see the difference and then selling whichever I decide to go away from. Ultimately get what's going to make you happy. If you sacrifice what you want for gas mileage you won't be happy. Just my 2cp.

The updated mopar lift levels the truck. So In the end you’ll get 2.5”-3” up front of lift and the 2” in the back, but I’m leaning towards the cheap route too lol

Cease11

Reaction score
I have a leveling kit and upgraded my wheels and tires to 295/70/18. Couldn’t be happier! Even though I went down about 1.5-2 mpg. I drive a lot too. I also didn’t buy this truck with gas saving in mind.

LNDRCKT

Reaction score
I ended up going with DC Trail Country EXP tires in 35x12.5x20 on my stock rims with a level. At first they were very slippery in the wet, but they have worn in and are working very well.

Wheeler

Reaction score
In the same boat. I just did the Bilstein level and now looking at tires. I drive about 50 miles a day on hwy.
I had the Falkens on my Jeep GC and loved them. At the end they got loud, but I wasn't real good about rotating and I've heard regularly rotating them helps avoid the noise as they wear.
Look into Nitto ridge grappler or Toyo RT
Both looks pretty aggressive and quite. Specially I can vouch for Toyo Rt. They are quite

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I drive a little over 50 miles every day. Went with the level and 285/65/20 KO2s. Rides great and no complaints. Went with KO2 because of the snow rating and will do again. However I’m in the camp that thinks these leveled trucks look a little nose high. I’m considering going with the Bilstein 5100 and a 1” rear spacer while adding custom wheels with some offset. I feel like my wheels/tires look too skinny and packed inside the body. Hope that helps and good luck!

renzo2213

Reaction score
I drive a little over 50 miles every day. Went with the level and 285/65/20 KO2s. Rides great and no complaints. Went with KO2 because of the snow rating and will do again. However I’m in the camp that thinks these leveled trucks look a little nose high. I’m considering going with the Bilstein 5100 and a 1” rear spacer while adding custom wheels with some offset. I feel like my wheels/tires look too skinny and packed inside the body. Hope that helps and good luck!

How much rake did you have prior to level? Like, what was the difference from front to rear?

rrjjpp74

Reaction score
I would have went with a different tire and I still might change even thou I only have 8,000 miles on mine. I currently have the Toyo RT and wish I would have went back to the Toyo AT extreme 2. They last long and ride great.

Cease11

Reaction score
I would have went with a different tire and I still might change even thou I only have 8,000 miles on mine. I currently have the Toyo RT and wish I would have went back to the Toyo AT extreme 2. They last long and ride great.
I have the Toyo RTs too. I’ve only had them for a week now. How do you like them so far? Did you find it hard to balance these tires? I get a slight vibration. I have 295/70/18

rrjjpp74

Reaction score
Yeah a little rough to balance and just don't like the ride much. I had the AT2's on a previous truck and the ride was a lot better. And I was able to get a lot of mileage out of them. Another thing is the weight difference between the 2, so I might be pulling these tires and selling them.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Toyo RTs too. I’ve only had them for a week now. How do you like them so far? Did you find it hard to balance these tires? I get a slight vibration. I have 295/70/18
Mine balanced fine... you need to rotate every 5K ang get an alignment at least once a year.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
I hit the raise, or lower button if I want to change my stance...my tires are sweet.

Cease11

Reaction score
Mine balanced fine... you need to rotate every 5K ang get an alignment at least once a year.
So as of this morning the vibration is gone. Last night I was reading on turning off the MDS by setting the gear limit to 8. People have been complaint about a vibration around 40 which was what I was experiencing. I’ve only had the tires on for a week, which was odd!

Justin.Chavez

Reaction score
The updated mopar lift levels the truck. So In the end you’ll get 2.5”-3” up front of lift and the 2” in the back, but I’m leaning towards the cheap route too lol

Are you sure about this? I did a lot of research and most agree that even the updated lift still leaves about 1-2" of rake in the truck. The previous version of the lift that was updated by mopar left an insane rake in the truck that was the reason for the update. As far as I know most people that want the level look with the mopar lift were adding the ORP springs up front which left them closer to level maybe 1/2 to 1" of rake.

Users who are viewing this thread