5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To those who have them can you post pics of your ladder Rack Please?

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been ISO a ladder rack for my longhorn short bed for a bit now have it hard to find many examples online. I am purchasing one strictly for the purpose to transport a 24' & 28' extension ladder. If anyone here has any insight for me and or pics of your setup it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to find a bed rack that will still allow full functionality and use of the amp research bed extender HD which I use on a daily basis.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you ever get a ladder rack?
I'm considering one for hauling some lumber, but it needs to be easily removed when I'm not hauling anything.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you ever get a ladder rack?
I'm considering one for hauling some lumber, but it needs to be easily removed when I'm not hauling anything.
No. Like you I want one that can be installed and removed quickly. I really liked the concept and functionality of the thule track which allows you to slide the rear rack towards the cab and out of the way but then I'd have to remove my tonneau cover and I just use it too much to give up. The other issue I ran into when comparing racks was that most all of them would interfere with my bed extender and I use that all day every day. Transporting my 28' extension ladder is really the only reason for the rack in my situation and I've only had to use it on 3 jobs in the last 6 months so I pretty much fizzled away form getting one

cleandirt

Reaction score
I ordered rhino rack cross bars to go over the cab that I can use in conjunction with a homemade wooden rack that will sit in the rear of my bed. This will be for hauling canoes and kayaks as well as the occasional ladder or other long items. This doesn’t have the weight rating of a bed mounted ladder rack but should be more than enough for my needs. I don’t have photos to share because I’m waiting for the back ordered racks to ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread