5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

to remove or not remove the interior

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My end of winter/spring project for the truck with be installing all the stereo gear that I have. I'm going sound deaden the doors and back wall but I am debating on removing the carpeting and doing at least part of the floor.
To those that have done it, is it worth it and how difficult is it removing the center console? Is it worth removing the center console? or just the seats and fold the carpet out of the way?

Accessory.Parts

Reaction score
My end of winter/spring project for the truck with be installing all the stereo gear that I have. I'm going sound deaden the doors and back wall but I am debating on removing the carpeting and doing at least part of the floor.
To those that have done it, is it worth it and how difficult is it removing the center console? Is it worth removing the center console? or just the seats and fold the carpet out of the way?
With the front seats removed you might as well remove the center console as it's just a few more screws/ bolts. I removed mine to install CB/ GMRS radios inside of it and was pretty simple. Not sure you NEED to remove it to sound deaden under the small space under there but it's not bad at all as far as removal goes.

I had watched this before removing mine:

RichInMN

Reaction score
I did doors and back wall, it felt like enough. Honestly since a lot of noise is wind noise, I'd tackle roof before floor if I were to go further. Maybe wih the exception of the front wheel wells.

Users who are viewing this thread