5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To level or not to level...This is the question...

CaptBeach

Reaction score
OK...2019 1500 Quad Cab Big Horn 4x4 5.7 3:92 class IV towing pkg about to begin towing 5500lbs on a regular basis. Going out west and northwest in the fall. We can work from the road.

I want to level it...it sags a little in the front...maybe a set of 35"s on factory rims. (thinking hard about bead blasting then powder coating flat black)

I do not want to screw up ride quality, have to add UCA, void my warranty or spend a butt ton of money at the dealership.

Simple, painless level...

Answers?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you tow a lot you're going to notice a lot of sag in the rear if you level it. Other than that just get some 2" spacers, and it'll be level or pretty close. I got mine from Motofab. Because I leveled mine and did not want sag I installed a set of airbags in the rear plus a compressor. Just the bags were around $450, then the compressor was another $300 or so.

CaptBeach

Reaction score
If you tow a lot you're going to notice a lot of sag in the rear if you level it. Other than that just get some 2" spacers, and it'll be level or pretty close. I got mine from Motofab. Because I leveled mine and did not want sag I installed a set of airbags in the rear plus a compressor. Just the bags were around $450, then the compressor was another $300 or so.

did you have to re[place UCA? Problems?

CaptBeach

Reaction score
So just to be clear just the front spacers right? 2" Motofabs?

CaptBeach

Reaction score
Also, what would one reasonably expect to pay for an install like that. Just watched their install video and 10 years ago, no problem, knock that out in a couple of hours, I'm 62 with 2 prosthetic shoulders...nope...

CaptBeach

Reaction score
Would a 1.5 spacer lift in the rear offset this? Without going to airbags? My TT is about 5000 dry, call it 6K loaded.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put my 500 pound motorcycle in the bed and had 1" of sag. If you load your TT correctly and have a WD hitch lifting the rear would set you back level when you tow it, but I thought you didn't like the rake.

Yes I only put spacers in the front as my plan is to run 295/70R18's after my tires wear out. Don't feel like going to 35's.

CaptBeach

Reaction score
Stock was 39.5" on the top of the rear fender well, 37 .75 on the front. Added 535 lbs of tongue weight on a load equalizing hitch and remeasured 37.75" rear and 36.5" on the front.2 inch lift ought to be about right.

Desert XJ

Reaction score
You don't need UCA with a 2" leveling kit unless you use it a lot in the dirt and want a little more wheel travel/ strength. You will need either a 1/4" wheel spacer on factory wheels or +12 offset wheels to accommodate 35x12.50 tires.

4x4Rebel

Reaction score
Just had readylift 2 inch level put on. I love it and haven't noticed any impact to ride quality. It came with ucas and like having the insurance knowing they are there. 20200722_161101.jpg 20200722_191737.jpg

Ride2little

Reaction score
I realize I’m in the minority here but I feel like a “level” looks like ****.
To me the “level” always ends up looking nose high. Like the rear suspension has sagged and the otherwise beefy look of the truck is made to look puny.
Just another guys viewpoint.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does it look puny?

Very. :ROFLMAO:

I think I've decided to go a similar route that's been mentioned. Do a 2" level of some sort and put some sumo springs in the rear so that it doesn't look like a dog with worms dragging it's tail on carpet if I ever put anything in the bed/tow. Pretty cheap but effective set up imo.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the one hesitation that has kept me from doing the level.

I'm in this boat

I'm following alll the threads, figuring out I'd like to lift (not level) my truck about an inch or so, and roll with 34s hoping a fullsize spare fits!

Users who are viewing this thread