5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To floor it or not to floor it (yeah this is about MPG)

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, sorry, I was not thinking. I am a director at an engineering firm for the construction cost engineering department. I hire engineers to figure out the formulas then correct them.
Funny, it’s a small world. I’m a director at a construction firm, and one of the things I do is show engineering firms how inefficient their designs are! (I’m also a licensed engineer)

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Funny, it’s a small world. I’m a director at a construction firm, and one of the things I do is show engineering firms how inefficient their designs are! (I’m also a licensed engineer)
Been there done that too! Couldn't believe just last month when I was talking to a group at a design firm about a building addition. I asked where the crane staging and lay down area was planned to go. They actually said they wanted to leave that up to the GC who would get the job. I almost fell out of my chair. I asked them if they considered the constructability of the design they were proposing and you would have thought I just stepped out of a flying saucer. I just couldn't believe they were designing something with no idea if they could access the area or get the material to where they needed it. Engineers......

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread