5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To buy or not to buy

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That must have changed since I bought mine. The dealer I bought mine from had at least 2 Rams with the 33/3.92 combo on his lot. I was only looking at GTs so I don't know if any others had them, but these 2 were not sold orders.
It did per a post from Anthony @ MD. It was related to Big Horns, Laramie's, etc. but of course the Rebel still has 3.92s stock/ Not sure if any Dealer can stock GTs now?

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thea leaking back window was NOT fixed for 2022.

Nice thing with eTorque is free alternator (generator) replacements for the first 8 years.

I think most car\trucks are problem free, no manufacture is perfect and I don't think OP can go wrong with Toyota or Ram as long as it meets their needs.
Do you know what problems are popping up on 2023 trucks? Just curious if there are things to look out for on my 2024 ordered truck. And since I saw it in your signature, how are you liking the MFT? That was the only option that I didn't order but considered.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do you know what problems are popping up on 2023 trucks? Just curious if there are things to look out for on my 2024 ordered truck. And since I saw it in your signature, how are you liking the MFT? That was the only option that I didn't order but considered.
I would assume the same problems as on 2022s.

I love my MFT, only downside is the step that came on the truck can only be used in MFT mode, in regular tailgate mode the step is not accessible. Without cutting metal and welding you can't have both.

Also the doors only open 90 degrees, not more. So when I put my 2 wheeler in I can't turn it and only have an inch or 2 on both sides to get it in so time times its easier to drop the tailgate.
10/10 would get again.

Noway

Reaction score
One frustration with the Ram is I'm having a hard time finding the 30+ gallon tank, and the 3.92 gears.
this for 55k after 1% thread lightly and 1k ram coupon that expires sept 3rd and not listed on the site plus the 11k off shown already..it's a good deal imo

msg @AnthonyRI he works for them
it's a well known dealer here

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
My response was regarding dealer-ordered trucks that had 3.92 and a 33 gallon tank
I know.
Those are 2 options but a package is differnet.
When I was ordering 3.92 gear was not available as an option for a Laramie whatsoever but GT package was which forced the 3.92s to come. I'm saying it might be the same thing as a deal ordered truck, can't get 3.92s and 33 gallon, but can get GT and 33 gallon.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was just discussing with a buddy, Ram does funny things with availability. I don't know if anybody else noticed, but the last few weeks of the 23 run, only 6s could be ordered. I think that was to up the CAFE numbers. They run different times that certain things are not available, or only by special order, not for dealer stock. They did the same thing at one point, you couldn't get 2wd short box, I think it was. They do things with no rhyme or reason.

Users who are viewing this thread