5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To buy or not to buy?

Gertrude

Reaction score
Well just wanted to follow up.... The wife and I went to one of the local dealers and looked at a 2021 limited and it had everything except the rambox. After looking a little closer we have decided we want the rambox and unforuntatly there isn't a limited around here that checks all the boxes.

The Laramie option was thrown out there but I don't understand the differences between the limited and the laramie nor what we might have to give up to get the laramie. Can anyone help out?

Also limited or laramie what does the black appearance package do?

We got a Laramie. Main differences from a limited is that our seats aren't full leather (would have preferred, but not a deal breaker) we don't have power running boards (didn't want them anyway) and some upgrades trim pieces that say limited. Our truck is a 2021 laramie with multi tailgate, ramboxes, bed utility group, chrome package, and I'd argue it's close enough to a limited and we got it for about 8-10 less. We had trouble finding the mft and ramboxes within 250 miles - but got lucky and found one 90 miles away and in our top color choice. It's got the 3.92 axle but not the etorque engine. We haven't towed our camper with it yet but it's got plenty of get up and go. If you can find a Laramie with the mft and ramboxes I'd get it and save yourself the money from a limited. The inside of our Laramie feels way more luxorious than it cost us. I don't remember the exact pricing with all of our discounts but it was roughly 51,000 otd in Texas. Comparable limited were a lot more.

Rexx

Reaction score
Well just wanted to follow up.... The wife and I went to one of the local dealers and looked at a 2021 limited and it had everything except the rambox. After looking a little closer we have decided we want the rambox and unforuntatly there isn't a limited around here that checks all the boxes.

The Laramie option was thrown out there but I don't understand the differences between the limited and the laramie nor what we might have to give up to get the laramie. Can anyone help out?

Also limited or laramie what does the black appearance package do?

The Limited come loaded with most features standard, and if you add the level 1 equipment group pretty much everything.
You can add almost everything you can get in a Limited to a Laramie but you end up paying just about the same price. With the Laramie you have more flexibility to leave stuff off though if you don’t want it. (Not unlimited flexibility though as lots of options require other options if you want them).
If you had a fully loaded Limited and a fully loaded Laramie, the front grills are slightly different, the badging is different, but the biggest difference is inside the cab. The Limited has full leather seats and materials inside are quite a bit nicer than the Laramie. That’s not to knock the Laramie cause they’re really nice trucks, but the Limited (and Longhorns) take it to another level.
You should maybe play around on Rams website and build Limited and Laramies with the options you’d want and get an idea of price differences.

As for the night edition, the ram builder site will tell you what all it adds, but it basically blacks out the truck.

Tegguy

Reaction score
Thanks everyone... I took a look at a Larmie today with all the options we wanted (rambox, multi-function tailgate, heads up display, power running boards, ect) and wasn't happy with the interior. If I needed a truck the Larmie would be a good candidate in a heartbeat but if we're talking no compromise then I think the limited is where it's at for us. There are a couple limited in route here but they both have the night edition package on them which I think I'll have to see in person since I'm torn on if going blacked out takes away from the "premium" feel of the limited.

Tegguy

Reaction score
Given the limited inventory and the employee pricing coming to a close soon it's looking like we will probably be fixing the current truck up a little bit and holding out for something better. I'll take a look at these 2 limited's with night edition if they come in before the sale ends.

Since it was pointed out that pre-covid offers were actually better can anyone/everyone chime in on what they think a good deal is? For example it seems like the EPP is getting around 8-10K off MSRP (5% below invoice)

Rexx

Reaction score
Given the limited inventory and the employee pricing coming to a close soon it's looking like we will probably be fixing the current truck up a little bit and holding out for something better. I'll take a look at these 2 limited's with night edition if they come in before the sale ends.

Since it was pointed out that pre-covid offers were actually better can anyone/everyone chime in on what they think a good deal is? For example it seems like the EPP is getting around 8-10K off MSRP (5% below invoice)
20% off MSRP is generally considered a pretty good deal but some people do even better than that.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

My 19 MSRP was 62,440 and I got $14,000 off plus the long ram running board and ram molded mud flaps this would have cost me $1,000 = $15,000 total off. So you could say I got about 24% off. This was in November of 19, pre Covid and 2020’s were out! I also drove 1000 miles each way to get this deal, however I got what I wanted, so it was worth it to me. Might be a good idea to try other states, might have a better inventory and maybe lower prices, look on autotrader you can put in exactly what you want. I know dealers do dealer trades, however most will not search more then a few hundred miles out, just a thought. I have a Laramie sport, which I love, but you are right to say the interior of the limited has a nicer interior and leather for sure! Good luck!

Tegguy

Reaction score
My 19 MSRP was 62,440 and I got $14,000 off plus the long ram running board and ram molded mud flaps this would have cost me $1,000 = $15,000 total off. So you could say I got about 24% off. This was in November of 19, pre Covid and 2020’s were out! I also drove 1000 miles each way to get this deal, however I got what I wanted, so it was worth it to me. Might be a good idea to try other states, might have a better inventory and maybe lower prices, look on autotrader you can put in exactly what you want. I know dealers do dealer trades, however most will not search more then a few hundred miles out, just a thought. I have a Laramie sport, which I love, but you are right to say the interior of the limited has a nicer interior and leather for sure! Good luck!
If you don't mind me asking was this price due to incentives or pure negotiation

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking was this price due to incentives or pure negotiation
It was both, I don’t remember the exacts right now. I think it was like 5500 in rebates and the rest was dealer discounts. I think I got them down $500 or more off the internet listed price too?

Users who are viewing this thread