5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TMPS Sensors Removal

Reaction score
Hello, sorry if this has been posted but I type in TMPS and there wasn’t anything specific to removal that I could fine. If there is sorry in advance!!!

I am getting my 20” factory rims powder coating satin black in the coming weeks and when I spoke with the powder coater he said that because I have rubber tire valves they will have to be cut off and replaced. He said that the actual TMPS box attached to the rim can be removed and reinstalled but said the tire valve needs to be cut off because it can’t be removed. Now with that being said, he said they are like $15 for 2 tires ($30cdn for all 4).. So not a bunch of money, but I’d rather keep my factory ones if possible.

Now while searching around the internet it appears that these could be removed with a torque screw. Can anyone confirm this?

The pictures I found indicate they can with the screw looks like it keeps everything together. But pictures can be deceiving sometimes.

Thanks

FE7EAE47-6894-4BE2-92B8-6CD66D0C5F53.jpeg

Bader12651

Reaction score
Just remove that small torx screw and the sensor body will separate from the stem

Moe1962

Reaction score
The sensor is reusable, the stem will have to be replaced. That's the same thing my installer told me when I changed wheels without the sensor. I ordered the whole set (sensor and stem) from Ebay for around $36 US. Since the stem was already in the wheels I bought, he just put the sensors on them and off I went. No issues since.

Reaction score
Yeah I started snooping around on the internet and YouTube, I found out that you shouldn't reuse the valve stem. So I guess they do need to be replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread