5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tires

ittypomeranc

Reaction score
Looking for some good all terrain tires mainly for mudding, nothing too extreme. Want a good handling quiet on the street but can go off-road when I need it too. Was looking at the micky Thompson Baja boss A/t, nitto ridge grapplers, falken wild peak AT3w, or the wrangler all terrain adventure with Kevlar. Any help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louhound88

Reaction score
Looking for some good all terrain tires mainly for mudding, nothing too extreme. Want a good handling quiet on the street but can go off-road when I need it too. Was looking at the micky Thompson Baja boss A/t, nitto ridge grapplers, falken wild peak AT3w, or the wrangler all terrain adventure with Kevlar. Any help?

I've had a few different AT or hybrid tires and found I like the ridge grapplers best. Toyo RT's weren't great in the rain, BFG ko2's we soft and got noisy quick, but the Nitto ridge grapplers I had were quiet, had plenty of traction in all terrains, and took lots of abuse without ever having issues.

I currently have Yokohama Geolandar MT's but almost went with ridge grapplers again. At this point wish I had, as the rain traction isn't the best on the yokohamas and they're pretty noisy.

ittypomeranc

Reaction score
I've had a few different AT or hybrid tires and found I like the ridge grapplers best. Toyo RT's weren't great in the rain, BFG ko2's we soft and got noisy quick, but the Nitto ridge grapplers I had were quiet, had plenty of traction in all terrains, and took lots of abuse without ever having issues.

I currently have Yokohama Geolandar MT's but almost went with ridge grapplers again. At this point wish I had, as the rain traction isn't the best on the yokohamas and they're pretty noisy.

How long did you have the nittos for? Any sort of off-roading?

Louhound88

Reaction score
How long did you have the nittos for? Any sort of off-roading?

Had the nittos for about 1.5 years. Put about 25k miles on them and they were still like new. Spent a good bit of time offroading, forest roads, woods, mud, gravel, rocks. Plenty of traction in 4wd, mud no issue. They were just as quiet at 25k miles as they were on day one.

ittypomeranc

Reaction score
Had the nittos for about 1.5 years. Put about 25k miles on them and they were still like new. Spent a good bit of time offroading, forest roads, woods, mud, gravel, rocks. Plenty of traction in 4wd, mud no issue. They were just as quiet at 25k miles as they were on day one.

Thanks man, sounds like a no brainer to me

Users who are viewing this thread