5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tires or exhaust???

Bambohunter

Reaction score
Well I just got my truck a week ago and i've got a little cash set back to spend on it. I'm debating a new borla cat back or new tires and a level kit. whatcha all think?

Waitforit0045

Reaction score
Both!

I have a 6 inch lift, tires and a borla S-type. I can say that both options are fantastic but for different reasons.

Needed lift for extra ground clearance, larger tires and visual appeal. Lost a lot of gas milage doing this.

Boa to make the new size sound great and to get some performance back.

If I had to do it again I'd do exhaust first, then lift. It's less of a blow to mpg and you will enjoy driving. Seems like most trucks have level kits but a mean sounding exhaust completes the package.

But, do what you think will make you most happy with your new truck that does not do anything to warranty.

Good luck and have fun.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bambohunter

Reaction score
Both!

I have a 6 inch lift, tires and a borla S-type. I can say that both options are fantastic but for different reasons.

Needed lift for extra ground clearance, larger tires and visual appeal. Lost a lot of gas milage doing this.

Boa to make the new size sound great and to get some performance back.

If I had to do it again I'd do exhaust first, then lift. It's less of a blow to mpg and you will enjoy driving. Seems like most trucks have level kits but a mean sounding exhaust completes the package.

But, do what you think will make you most happy with your new truck that does not do anything to warranty.

Good luck and have fun.

I’m thinking the same thing exhaust first. Leaning towards the s-type. What’s your opinion vs the atak?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Waitforit0045

Reaction score
I’m thinking the same thing exhaust first. Leaning towards the s-type. What’s your opinion vs the atak?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think the S-type is the perfect balance. Throaty and mean but not obnoxious. The atak seems almost like it's trying too hard to be loud. The note is good but a touch too much. I live in a neighborhood where echos travel and did not want to be that guy.

sep1006

Reaction score
Do the Borla for sure, you will get more enjoyment from driving the truck. I did the full S-Type and absolutely have no regrets, love listening to the truck while driving!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread