5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tires choice

LucasC

Reaction score
I am trying to decide what tires to put on my truck. Currently I have the factory tires but I am stuck between the duratracs or toyo open country AT3. I am not increasing size. I am keeping factory size. Any opinions on which one yall recomend?

You may want to consider the weight of the tire too. Check the specifications of the tires that you are looking. One of the worst hits on fuel economy (not that Ram trucks have great economy) is rolling resistance.

For example I'm looking to go up in size (but not too crazy) and one brand of tire had the weight at 78 lbs. A different brand of tire (for the same size) has a weight of 63 lbs per tire.

I did look at the weight. The toyo's are 5lbs lighter. I have the 3.92 gear ratio so I fuel economy isn't a worry. Pulling my travel trailer is my main focus. The truck is rated for 11k towing. I just want a stiffer tire. Are you staying on stock wheels?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back