5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire/Wheel Protection

GFK51

Reaction score
I currently own a 20 Ram 1500 Limited with 6100 miles. I was wondering if anyone has purchased a tire and wheel protection plan from MOPAR or Ziegler's. I was quoted a price of $335.00 for a six year plan with unlimited miles. Is it advisable to purchase such a plan, not really worried about the tires but damage to the wheels could be very expensive, any thoughts?

Mtsabo

Reaction score
IMO any type of extended warranty is a crock. They make tons of money selling them, that is why they exist.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
My Longhorn is only a week old and I plan getting the extended warranty because it covers road rash and damaged rims. As you said, tire damage can be expensive. The rim can cost as much as $500 and the tire as much as $250. One destroyed tire/rim combination is more than twice the cost of the warranty plan, so if it ever happens you have saved $400 dollars already. If it never happens, then your only out $355, but you had the peace of mind of knowing that you didn't have to worry about potholes the entire time. Having said all that, check with your insurance company about the vehicle coverage you already have. Your insurance may already cover tire damage so you wouldn't need road hazard insurance. Good luck!

nburd

Reaction score
A used or refinished rim will be less expensive than your warranty, if you need it. Many rims can now be repaired too. Just consider the option. Good luck.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I currently own a 20 Ram 1500 Limited with 6100 miles. I was wondering if anyone has purchased a tire and wheel protection plan from MOPAR or Ziegler's. I was quoted a price of $335.00 for a six year plan with unlimited miles. Is it advisable to purchase such a plan, not really worried about the tires but damage to the wheels could be very expensive, any thoughts?
That’s actually not bad and comes out to about $55/yr. If you have usually park in tight spots with high curbs, it would be worth it.

2020GraniteBH

Reaction score
I got it last year when I got the truck and needed a new tire within the first month due to hitting a nail on the road that completely ripped it up. Covered under warranty no issues at all. That's the only warranty Ill ever get.

Mtsabo

Reaction score
In the last 16 years ive never damaged a rim and had one blow out. Tires then were close to replacement anyway. To me thats a savings of what $990 or so and climbing until the day damage may occur.

That even includes driving cross country then proceeding up to alaska and back towing a trailer.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
When we bought the wife's Toyota, we purchased the tire and rim package. In the past 3 years, one tire has been replaced and curb rash on all 4 rims has been repaired. I did not purchase the coverage for my Ram.

Wsmith

Reaction score
I got this at time of purchase, your getting a better deal than I did, like any warranty it's a roll of the dice. If its the same one I got it is a pretty good price.

Users who are viewing this thread