5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire wear 22”

dstowe

Reaction score
Not sure if the subject is a question, but I have one. How many miles is everyone getting out of their stock Goodyear Eagle Touring tires that come with the 22" rims? We have 15.2k miles and the tread is already worn down to 4/32 and need to be replaced. Seams like that is extremely low miles. I would have expected around 30k.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if the subject is a question, but I have one. How many miles is everyone getting out of their stock Goodyear Eagle Touring tires that come with the 22" rims? We have 15.2k miles and the tread is already worn down to 4/32 and need to be replaced. Seams like that is extremely low miles. I would have expected around 30k.
Don't have a direct answer but based on what I've read, the stock tires are crap.

sessman

Reaction score
This may be a very stupid question...but has anyone replaced the stock tires that come with the 22" night edition rims with all-terrain tires? Not looking to add lift etc., just stock replacement size but all-terrain.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got 22K out of mine and were starting to hydroplane pretty bad.
Wow! I'm currently 4k miles on the stock 22" tires. This sucks.

My 2012 Pathfinder came with Bridgestone Duelers that lasted 60k miles.

Last edited:

Howie Dub

Reaction score
This may be a very stupid question...but has anyone replaced the stock tires that come with the 22" night edition rims with all-terrain tires? Not looking to add lift etc., just stock replacement size but all-terrain.
Here are Yokohama Geolandar AT G015s in stock 285/45R22 size.

tempImageIbTrwD.jpg
tempImageabGofG.jpg

dandar

Reaction score
I got 18K on mine before I had 4/32" left. Replaced them with Continental Terrain Contact H/T. Same mileage, same noise, same performance and hopefully better wear. Considering that I can see quite a bit of wear after 6K miles I may be seeing similar results, at least now I have treadwear warranty.

ShadowHawk

Reaction score

You would think so right? I feel like these days the quality of the OEM stockers is crap. I had feathering on the outer shoulder blocks within 3k miles from all of the twisty roads around my area. I got 19k out of my stock AT tires on my wife's Jeep so I just assumed 15k on the Goodyears before I throw a set of Michelin Defender LTX M/S on

Stinger19

Reaction score
I'm at 14k on my Goodyears and they're starting to see wear. I imagine that I'm going to have to replace them in the next 4-6 months. I highly doubt if I'm going to get another year out of these. From my experience, Goodyears have always sucked.

Howie Dub

Reaction score
How are you liking those Geolandars?
So far so good. Feels smoother than stock. Wife noticed the ride was better during a long drive we regularly take. I think there's slightly more road noise but only barely noticeable when I don't have music playing, which is almost never.

BNeal

Reaction score
Yea, I'm at 15k with rotation every 6k and seeing them disintegrate pretty quickly. Not sure what I'll replace them with.

PNW Guy

Reaction score
So far so good. Feels smoother than stock. Wife noticed the ride was better during a long drive we regularly take. I think there's slightly more road noise but only barely noticeable when I don't have music playing, which is almost never.
Nice, I think I'll be picking up a set of these before winter.

Users who are viewing this thread