5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire suggestions 20 inch with ORP and level

Truckguy

Reaction score
I am having my crew can Laramie leveled with bilsteins and ORP springs added on 4 corners. I’m having a tough time making a decision on tires. I gave the 3.21 gear so I’m not sure how well the truck would do on the highway with LT tires. Also 90% of my driving is paved roads, highway. I only go off-road for hunting and it’s usually driving through muddy farm roads. Snow is only a factor a few times a year. Looking for any and all suggestions. Thanks

CJR28

Reaction score
I went with Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs in 275/65R20 and they look great on my BTS with Bilsteins on #4. They arent that much heavier than stock and I havent noticed a huge drop in mpgs. The KO2’s and Falken Wildpeak Atw3’s are also very popular but both tend to pick up gravel a bit too much for my tastes and the Falkens are heavier. 1BFAA499-2416-41F8-B41B-0D32D624614C.jpeg

Truckguy

Reaction score
i haven’t seen too many negative comments on the duratracs. How are they on wet roads?

CJR28

Reaction score
Just got them two days ago and its suppose to rain all next week here in NY so i guess i’ll find out. I did a ton of research into them before I pulled the trigger and Ive read that their good in the rain until they start getting towards the end of their lifespan. Ive heard complaints about the sidewalls but a number of guys run them in the overland community so i think as long as your not doing extreme rock crawling theyre fine plus they look killer (y)

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To add, I also have stock laramie rims which I want to continue to use. Current size is 275/55/R20. Planing on doing the same bilstein set to 2.1 (second highest)

I'm trying to get a little more height and with. Thinking about 295/60R20. Any pics or suggestions would be great. Wife has duratrac on her jeep...its al title noisy for my taste. Looking at the KO2 and falken wild peak at this point, but keeping my options open. Some light off road, and hyway driving will be a daily thing for me.

Owner of a 20 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Users who are viewing this thread