5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire size with 2” wheel spacer

DelmonicoRam96

Reaction score
Good morning, I’m having trouble figuring out a size tire to go with my current set up. What I have done to my truck so far is a 2.5” leveling kit. And I just installed 2” spacers. I’m looking to get Toyo Open Country RT’s but didn’t know what size would be best to keep my current poke or close to it. Thanks

Attachments

• D7D13AA8-B96B-4729-9ABD-8FE74D2A78BE.jpeg
    D7D13AA8-B96B-4729-9ABD-8FE74D2A78BE.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 195
  • B34D092D-2158-4230-818C-81A81519D001.jpeg
    B34D092D-2158-4230-818C-81A81519D001.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 193

DelmonicoRam96

Reaction score
I have 305/45/22s on mine with 2" spacer and 2.5" level on my Limited. The extra wide meat saved me from so many curb rashes.
Nice! Are the limited 22’s the same width as the Laramie 20’s?

Last edited:

ny2az

Reaction score
Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Can't go wrong with those tires if you can afford them. Quiet and smooth.

l have been looking at the Terra Grappler's and the Ridge Grappler's in that 305/45R22 size ... l know the Terra is quieter than the RG's but like the look of the RG's over the Terra's ... l traded for a set of wheels that should be here in the coming week that have the Haida 878's ... lm sure the Haida's are as loud if not louder than the RG's ... especially since it's a 33x12.50, so l will wait to see the noise level the Haida's and go from there as to which Nitto's l go with ....

BLAM

Reaction score
l have been looking at the Terra Grappler's and the Ridge Grappler's in that 305/45R22 size ... l know the Terra is quieter than the RG's but like the look of the RG's over the Terra's ... l traded for a set of wheels that should be here in the coming week that have the Haida 878's ... lm sure the Haida's are as loud if not louder than the RG's ... especially since it's a 33x12.50, so l will wait to see the noise level the Haida's and go from there as to which Nitto's l go with ....

Go for the Ridge unless you're super sensative. It is pleasant to me, i would take you on a test ride if I could.

Bpramz

Reaction score
I have 305/45/22s on mine with 2" spacer and 2.5" level on my Limited. The extra wide meat saved me from so many curb rashes.
can you post more pictures? looking to go with that set up for my sport.

ny2az

Reaction score
Go for the Ridge unless you're super sensative. It is pleasant to me, i would take you on a test ride if I could.
l appreciate the offer of the ride ... thx ...
l spoke with a NITTO rep earlier today... he advised me to go with the 305/45R22 over the LT tires on the newer Ram's w/ the air suspension , something about the harder sidewall LT tires causing vibration in the suspension .... also to go with the Ridge Grappler over the Terra G2's ... he said the RG's are a softer compound than the Terra G2's and produce less noise than the G2's when a decibel meter was used ... so on the truck if may not be noticable but rest assured its not making more noise than the G2's and although there is no mileage gaurantee on the RG's ... there data is coming in and they are seeing the RG's going 45k to 50k as tread life... so if l were to go with Nitto tires... the RG's will be the way l go ....

BLAM

Reaction score
The last 3 piocture is before the level lift in the front.

Mike.M1367

Reaction score

Nice setup! Do you get any rubbing at all? Is the 2.5” level the day star/revel Link combo?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLAM

Reaction score
Nice setup! Do you get any rubbing at all? Is the 2.5” level the day star/revel Link combo?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was some rubbing at the lowest air ride setting before I added the level kit. I eliminated the rubbing by reshaping the fender walls. I don’t think it would have rubbed with the level kit.

I will change to much bigger spacers this weekend because I added the Bushwacker fenders last weekend.

Last edited:

Mike.M1367

Reaction score
There was some rubbing at the lowest air ride setting before I added the level kit. I eliminated the rubbing by reshaping the fender walls. I don’t think it would have rubbed with the level kit.

I will change to much bigger spacers this weekend because I added the Bushwacker fenders last weekend.

I also have the bushwhackers! Could you add some pictures with them added? Also, do you think you could fit a bigger (taller) tire? or do you think you have them maxed out basically?

BLAM

Reaction score
I went with a different Bushwackers
I also have the bushwhackers! Could you add some pictures with them added? Also, do you think you could fit a bigger (taller) tire? or do you think you have them maxed out basically?

I don't want to take pictures cause the truck looks like **** at this time. It will be presentable when I add the bigger spacers and color match paint the fenders.

I went with a different Bushwacker style than yours. I went with the 50926-02; it was tough choice between the two styles. I'm not sure but I think I could have gone a bit bigger on the tires. Bigger tires would look nicer. If I would have done again, I would have went with the same fenders as yours and larger tires.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread