5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire size options on ‘22 bighorn with 18” rebel wheels.

SuperLunchbox

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2022 bighorn 1500 and a set of oem rebel wheels. I’m new to full size trucks. I’ve got 3.21 gearing. What would be a good tire size for the wheels and gears. I’d like to go taller than stock but not 35s as I don’t think I have the gearing some something that size and weight.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DublDeuce

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2022 bighorn 1500 and a set of oem rebel wheels. I’m new to full size trucks. I’ve got 3.21 gearing. What would be a good tire size for the wheels and gears. I’d like to go taller than stock but not 35s as I don’t think I have the gearing some something that size and weight.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey SuperLunchbox, can I ask what air pressure you are running in the Rebel tires. I also bought a set of takeoffs.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m running 295/70-18 with 3.21’s and no issues. Drivability hasn’t changed going from a 32.1” stock tire to 34.3” after correcting the speedo with my Tazer. Shockingly my gas mileage hasn’t changed by more than a 1/2 mpg from stock tires even with a much heavier tire.

I do have ORG so have an extra 1” lift but still plenty of clearance with stock suspension. I don’t think running stock 18” Rebel wheels will make any difference. Pretty sure the offset is exactly the same as stock Bighorn rims.

DublDeuce

Reaction score
I’m running 295/70-18 with 3.21’s and no issues. Drivability hasn’t changed going from a 32.1” stock tire to 34.3” after correcting the speedo with my Tazer. Shockingly my gas mileage hasn’t changed by more than a 1/2 mpg from stock tires even with a much heavier tire.

I do have ORG so have an extra 1” lift but still plenty of clearance with stock suspension. I don’t think running stock 18” Rebel wheels will make any difference. Pretty sure the offset is exactly the same as stock Bighorn rims.
Are you running 55 PSI front/45 PSI rear?

Users who are viewing this thread