5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tire size/model 2020 4x4 off road package

eyeguy

Reaction score
I have a 2020 ram 1500 off road package and stock wildpeak 275 55/20 are worn out. I like them ok. Got 45k miles out of them. Thinking the 275 60/20 would be an easy upgrade in size in the same wildpeak model. My local shop can get them for $240 per tire. The off road package as you guys probably know is a 1 inch lift front and back vs stock.
I assume these will fit easily. Is that correct? Any other tire sizes or models you guys have tried and liked on this package? Priority I guess would be good mileage before wear out, look good[ a little aggressive is perfect], not a lot of extra road noise, low rolling resistance for gas mileage and lastly extreme durability/and offroad traction.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Several people have done this in the past with no issue. The tire calibration will be slightly off if you do upgrade due to the increased diameter.

Evsdog

Reaction score
I have a 2020 ram 1500 off road package and stock wildpeak 275 55/20 are worn out. I like them ok. Got 45k miles out of them. Thinking the 275 60/20 would be an easy upgrade in size in the same wildpeak model. My local shop can get them for $240 per tire. The off road package as you guys probably know is a 1 inch lift front and back vs stock.
I assume these will fit easily. Is that correct? Any other tire sizes or models you guys have tried and liked on this package? Priority I guess would be good mileage before wear out, look good[ a little aggressive is perfect], not a lot of extra road noise, low rolling resistance for gas mileage and lastly extreme durability/and offroad traction.
My Wildpeak’s were all worn out at 17k miles. They were all chopped up causing the truck to shake at hwy speeds. FCA replaced them at no charge, stating they thought they may have been a bad batch of tires. My truck is a 21’ limited w/air suspension, off rd. Pkg. 2.92 gearing and 20” tires. My 2nd set of tires gifted to me were Dynapro AT’s they have 18k miles on them and are “all chopped up” as per the dealer. I am having a very difficult time figuring out why this particular ram 1500 tears through tires in an unreasonable amount of time/mileage! FCA has an open case on me again and is looking into this. Keep you posted. One of my particular favorite all-terrain tires is the Bridgestone Revo 3 AT. I’ve driven 70k on one set w/proper rotation every 5k miles w/oil changes. Good luck in your selection!
Evsdog

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Wildpeak’s were all worn out at 17k miles. They were all chopped up causing the truck to shake at hwy speeds. FCA replaced them at no charge, stating they thought they may have been a bad batch of tires. My truck is a 21’ limited w/air suspension, off rd. Pkg. 2.92 gearing and 20” tires. My 2nd set of tires gifted to me were Dynapro AT’s they have 18k miles on them and are “all chopped up” as per the dealer. I am having a very difficult time figuring out why this particular ram 1500 tears through tires in an unreasonable amount of time/mileage! FCA has an open case on me again and is looking into this. Keep you posted. One of my particular favorite all-terrain tires is the Bridgestone Revo 3 AT. I’ve driven 70k on one set w/proper rotation every 5k miles w/oil changes. Good luck in your selection!
Evsdog
Sounds like in other threads that most people solve this issue with a 3rd party alignment. I also have the problem, and getting new tires soon, so will get an alignment very soon.

eyeguy

Reaction score
Ok, Thanks for the info. Anyone else have a favorite tire size/model?

Users who are viewing this thread