5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire size help for air ride!!!

Rossyflossy

Reaction score
Hello all I hope this post finds everyone safe and healthy and well. I have looked all over these forums and have read a lot of different comments, opinions, and personal preferences. However I am struggling to find any set information about what is the largest size tire that I can go with on my 2019 limited ram 1500 with air ride. I will not be adding any kind of lift or reducing the lift or messing with the air ride suspension at all. I want to leave it factory but I also want to know what is the largest tire that I can get away with with no rubbing at the lowest setting on the air ride. Which would be entry/exit. Thank you in advance for any and all of your help again I am not looking for personal preference I'm not looking for suggestions I would really like to know exactly. Thank you

WreckerRC

Reaction score
I have the exact same question.

My thoughts... your tires, stock are 33s. Mine are 32s. That said, time to measure. If you can go out an inch in Aerodynamic mode, go 34s. I might go 35s and use the regular height setting.

Offroad 1 is like a 1.5 level and offroad 2 is like a 2.5 in lift.

LGBarnett

Reaction score
I have the exact same question.

My thoughts... your tires, stock are 33s. Mine are 32s. That said, time to measure. If you can go out an inch in Aerodynamic mode, go 34s. I might go 35s and use the regular height setting.

Offroad 1 is like a 1.5 level and offroad 2 is like a 2.5 in lift.
Remember the truck will go down to Aero level on its own once you go past ~60mph. Maybe u will be ok since I would not expect significant steering input at that speed.

LGBarnett

Reaction score
Hello all I hope this post finds everyone safe and healthy and well. I have looked all over these forums and have read a lot of different comments, opinions, and personal preferences. However I am struggling to find any set information about what is the largest size tire that I can go with on my 2019 limited ram 1500 with air ride. I will not be adding any kind of lift or reducing the lift or messing with the air ride suspension at all. I want to leave it factory but I also want to know what is the largest tire that I can get away with with no rubbing at the lowest setting on the air ride. Which would be entry/exit. Thank you in advance for any and all of your help again I am not looking for personal preference I'm not looking for suggestions I would really like to know exactly. Thank you
From my reading, I believe anything bigger than 33x12.5 will defintely rub. Even the 33x12.5 may rub a little. I've struggled with this and eventually settled on going with same size but going from the Highway Goodyears to the new Toyo AT3s. Have had them for a week and took a road trip to my hunting camp this past weekend. Feels/sounds same as the Goodyears on road (yes!) but way better on gravel and crossing the creek on way to camp (yeehaw!). Also, they look way better on the truck than I had expected.

Draker

Reaction score
Was looking at the Toyo AT3s as well. Can you post a pic with the Toyos?

dnaplace13

Reaction score
I changed my stock tires to a Toyo AT2 2 years ago....305/50/20. No rubs or scrubs. Didnt want to throw off the speedometer. I have since upgraded to 33" tires and there is a slight rub at full lock but only in reverse. The tires are now 33.2 by 12.5 and stock wheels. The pic is the old tires.

Attachments

• 20181122_114324.jpg
    20181122_114324.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 102

Draker

Reaction score
I changed my stock tires to a Toyo AT2 2 years ago....305/50/20. No rubs or scrubs. Didnt want to throw off the speedometer. I have since upgraded to 33" tires and there is a slight rub at full lock but only in reverse. The tires are now 33.2 by 12.5 and stock wheels. The pic is the old tires.
Looks great. Thanks for the pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online