5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire size change (alfaobd) now bunch of codes/lights wont go away

Daverous

Reaction score
$20 would be a deal if it's a simple solution to clear all the issues I have. The dealer will be $150 or I've got to research for hours of time I don't really have. Could you elaborate on how and why it can fix it but Alfa is such a pita?
Both Alfa and Jscan have their perks, for sure. I have and use both. Jscan lacks a lot of the options Alfa has but does offer several nice ease-of-use options Alfa doesn't. Jscan requires a license for each VIN you want to program at $20 per vehicle.

Jscan allows for a simple scan of all modules for faults with a single click. Same thing for its tire size process. Jscan allows you to select a size and it does all the leg work connecting to multiple modules and making the changes in one easy step then backtracking and clearing any faults created during the process. It's just simplier to use and I've had better luck with it regarding tire size changes specifically.

DaBoone37

Reaction score
Both Alfa and Jscan have their perks, for sure. I have and use both. Jscan lacks a lot of the options Alfa has but does offer several nice ease-of-use options Alfa doesn't. Jscan requires a license for each VIN you want to program at $20 per vehicle.

Jscan allows for a simple scan of all modules for faults with a single click. Same thing for its tire size process. Jscan allows you to select a size and it does all the leg work connecting to multiple modules and making the changes in one easy step then backtracking and clearing any faults created during the process. It's just simplier to use and I've had better luck with it regarding tire size changes specifically.
That's good to know. Do you think that it will be able to fix my current state of issues with the ABS system with no 4wd, no traction contorl, etc. lights showing?

I also see it's on Android too!

Daverous

Reaction score
Didn’t realize they had one on android now. Nice.

I haven’t attempted to run a course correct after issues with Alfa using Jscan. My thoughts are that if Jscan uses a set programming routine to modify tire size and module settings there is a decent chance it will correct the issue. If not, then follow the steps outlined for Alfa. It’s a 20 dollar gamble I suppose, but you’ll have it for any other tire changes at a later time and it’s certainly nice to have for module error scans and clearing. Which may also clear your errors.

DaBoone37

Reaction score
Didn’t realize they had one on android now. Nice.

I haven’t attempted to run a course correct after issues with Alfa using Jscan. My thoughts are that if Jscan uses a set programming routine to modify tire size and module settings there is a decent chance it will correct the issue. If not, then follow the steps outlined for Alfa. It’s a 20 dollar gamble I suppose, but you’ll have it for any other tire changes at a later time and it’s certainly nice to have for module error scans and clearing. Which may also clear your errors.
Well, partial luck! I initially forgot to do the ABS initialization but once that was done I stopped getting yelled at with dings!! I still have one light, the (P)! but not more check engine or ABS. I did get an "Unable to clear ABS DTCs. ESP sensor initialization failed" warning though. I am going to let it sit for a bit and do a slight tweak to the size and re-run the initialization and see if that does it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread