5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire size change (alfaobd) now bunch of codes/lights wont go away

damonb

Reaction score
I have a 2021 1500 Laramie with adaptive cruise, air suspension, etc. I went to change tire size and followed the AlfaOBD process of setting the circumference in 2 locations of the BCM and then going through the ABS initialization process. I try to reset the codes, but when I turn the key off and back on to do the rolls test reset as directed, the codes are still there. I have set tire size back to stock and kept trying the same ABS process with no luck. Someone please help :-(

The following codes are still there:
C2212
U05BF
C10D0

Lights showing on dash include what looks like Park brake "((P))" but with an "!" next to it. Yes the park brake works just fine
No FCW available warning
No Cruise control available warning
Some kinda light with a truck and "!" next to it.
1613252001825.png

TechDaddy3x

Reaction score
I have a 2021 1500 Laramie with adaptive cruise, air suspension, etc. I went to change tire size and followed the AlfaOBD process of setting the circumference in 2 locations of the BCM and then going through the ABS initialization process. I try to reset the codes, but when I turn the key off and back on to do the rolls test reset as directed, the codes are still there. I have set tire size back to stock and kept trying the same ABS process with no luck. Someone please help :-(

C2212
U05BF
C10D0

Lights showing on dash include what looks like Park brake "((P))" but with an "!" next to it. Yes the park brake works just fine
No FCW available warning
View attachment 82764
Did you ever get this figured out? Got a similar set up i am thinking of how to change tire size

wvinson

Reaction score
I figured -- just changed mine to 305/45/22 and not really worried about it. I think it's just 1 mph

ToeKnee

Reaction score
Hmm that’s strange I never had any problems when I put on new wheels and tires.

St-na

Reaction score

C2212
U05BF
C10D0

No FCW available warning
View attachment 82764
How did You solve this issue? I can't clear C10D0.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Man, my Tazer worked with no complicated codes, didn't throw any warning lights, nothing. Just plugged it up, set the size I wanted and hit reboot. Done. 😁

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is why you take a back up of your settings and restore if you have issues. If you inadvertently change a value without noticing (which is easy to do), you can get back to a clean configuration then attempt the change again.

I think the OP’s main issue was listening to REM. I think the truck Rebel-led against it.

Daverous

Reaction score
Quick update for those that get stuck in this loop. This process worked for me, and I have everything cleared and was able to update the size a third time without issues. I cannot guarantee these steps will work for everyone, or that I made all the correct changes, but it IS working for me and was repeatable.

All steps through AlfaOBD:

ABS>DT 2019+> ECS In Plant Mode> Disable
ABS>DT 2019+ > EPB In Plant Mode> Disable
BCM> MY2020>Chassis- Electonic Parking Brake> Yes
ABS > DT 2019> Service Procedures > Assembly Check

I have zero idea why my BCM and ABS system set those parameters differently after the process. I was only able to find it due to saved logs I had. Regardless, it worked. I cleared all faults during the process as well and they have not returned.

Hope this helps someone that runs into it and finds this like I did.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You don't need that overpriced Tazer. Just follow the steps in this video.

Chicotunner07

Reaction score
Quick update for those that get stuck in this loop. This process worked for me, and I have everything cleared and was able to update the size a third time without issues. I cannot guarantee these steps will work for everyone, or that I made all the correct changes, but it IS working for me and was repeatable.

I have zero idea why my BCM and ABS system set those parameters differently after the process. I was only able to find it due to saved logs I had. Regardless, it worked. I cleared all faults during the process as well and they have not returned.

Thank you so much for posting this! it cleared all of the lights from my 2019 Rebel!, however after 50 light free miles, ECS light, CEL light, and AUTO Stop Start lights came back on, have you had any issues with the lights coming back on?

Daverous

Reaction score
I haven't. Maybe try running the steps again. Perhaps it didn't save a portion on the bcm

DaBoone37

Reaction score

Great stuff here. A few questions: Did you do these in this order? Did you cycle the engine in-between any of them? Did you wait between any of them?

Daverous

Reaction score
That order, didn’t cycle, and didn’t wait.

Also, if you have access to an iPhone and feel like dropping yet another 20 bucks Jscan will set the size and clear the issue as well.

DaBoone37

Reaction score
That order, didn’t cycle, and didn’t wait.

Also, if you have access to an iPhone and feel like dropping yet another 20 bucks Jscan will set the size and clear the issue as well.
$20 would be a deal if it's a simple solution to clear all the issues I have. The dealer will be $150 or I've got to research for hours of time I don't really have. Could you elaborate on how and why it can fix it but Alfa is such a pita?

Jedi9

Reaction score
I used Jscan because I already had it for my Jeep. Set size, turned off shut door 5 min and it took. Went down the road with speedometer app and tweaked it one more time and speedometer is perfect. Getting the speedometer right is not the full benefit of the program, it changes shift points in the transmission to compensate for the sizing differences. You will see a big difference in the way it drives. For a manual transmission all you are doing is getting the speedo and odometer correct. for me on atturro tral blade xps 295/60/20 the setting was 34"

Users who are viewing this thread