5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire shine applicator..???

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
I use VRP as well and bought two of these applicators wondering how long they’d last. Still on #1 using it bi-weekly since March.

Easy to grip and gets into all the grooves of the ridge grapplers. Key for me is to start close to the rim going around the edge of the rim, then going “up and down” over the aggressive sidewall. I let it sit for a good hour or more before driving, no sling at all.

Adam's Hex-Grip Pro Tire Dressing... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005DNJPSC?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I’ve never bothered to put tire shine on a mud tire, but I’ve got a mall crawling grocery getter now a days and decided to spruce up the tires a bit.

using chemical guys VRP and a Walmart foam applicator; the foam didn’t survive all 4 tires!
What do you guru’s use that’s not a single use only???? Or am I a victim of poor technique? View attachment 61174 View attachment 61175
The Adams Hex is the best I’ve ever used. Lasts forever and good for big truck tires. Eagle applicators which look similar to the one in your picture are also great quality just small for a truck tire. I’ve tried probably 10 or more brands and love the Adams. The Eagles will work fine but better for a car tire. Most everything else is crap.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I’ve never bothered to put tire shine on a mud tire, but I’ve got a mall crawling grocery getter now a days and decided to spruce up the tires a bit.

using chemical guys VRP and a Walmart foam applicator; the foam didn’t survive all 4 tires!
What do you guru’s use that’s not a single use only???? Or am I a victim of poor technique? View attachment 61174 View attachment 61175

Try a tile grout sponge, cut it in half and it gives you two applicators. Lasts much longer than any of the foam applicators they sell at auto parts stores.

TheMopars

Reaction score
while aerosol cans are really convenient to use, they're really not too good for your tires and can age them & dry them out over time. Maybe look into tire shine spray bottles that arent aerosol cans:

Love the Griots dressing. I use the prep too about every 3rd or 4th time I use he dressing to clean up the rubber. I prefer a deep black matt look over anything shiny and this stuff is perfect for that look.

Chuck19

Reaction score
For the majority of the tire where it’s smooth I use some type of sponge applicator. For the lug/nobby areas I use a brush like this and it works really well! Not fast but very clean and detailed! Just soak the brush in your choice of tire dressing and apply by brushing or dabbing or combination of the 2.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
pics of Adams tire shine with sio2 after treating them with Adams tire and rubber cleaner. I used a microfiber wax applicator pad, a little bit goes a long way!
C0B5D58F-2C7F-4C1D-AC41-E8871800803D.jpeg 2A3A5CFA-3A97-4CF7-AB04-13763387F20C.jpeg

badpewterz

Reaction score
as odd as it sounds for truck tires i use an airless paint sprayer and adams tire shine. spray all 4 down, let sit a few mins, blot dry with a micrfiber towel . no sling, even coverage.

Users who are viewing this thread