5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Rub with Stock Size

MNMEAD

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked already - did a search but came up short.
I've been dealing with tire rub for about 8 months now, finally am sick of it enough to ask someone. I replaced the stock tires on my '22 Bighorn with stock size K02's. At full lock to the right I get rub when in reverse. My BIL has a 2021 with the same issue, stock tire size as well, but different tires than I. I've looked at both trucks and cannot figure out exactly where it is rubbing. There appears to be plenty of room at full lock, so it must also depend on suspension load. Scares the crap out of my every time when I go to back in or out of a parking spot and hear that crunch, and I've had people walk back to make sure I didn't just hit their cars. I'm positive it is the lugs grabbing something on the wheel well liner, just cannot figure out where. Sounds stupid to type out, but I figured I'd take my hits and get this figured out. Anyone dealt with this issue and figured out exactly what area to cut and/or heat and bend?

MNMEAD

Reaction score
I am not... Would swapping to a meatier tire of stock size cause enough change in the angle to get that to touch? I don't have enough experience with this stuff. I will look again.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's possible. Your thoughts on it rubbing while backing up are also possible. Someone standing outside the truck while it happens would be the best source.

Users who are viewing this thread