5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire rub height or width biggest issue?

rtcc

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2020 Limited with the air ride. All stock. 200 miles on it. ha (should I even buy new tires yet?)
I do need some AT tires though, and I really like the Toyo AT3. I have read through every tire post I can find on here and I know the 33" will fit with minimal to no rubbing. I was curious about putting 295/55/22 on the stock rims.
33/12.5/22" are 32.5" tall and 12.5" wide.
295/55/22" are 34.8" tall but only 12.2" wide per toyo and 11.6" wide per a few on line calculators.

Do you guys with bigger tires feel the height is the issue with the rubbing or is it the tires being wider that is the reason it is rubbing? I know its hard to break it down so black and white but wondering if there is something there.

thanks for any help

BlackLoneStarHemi

Reaction score
I recently mounted a tire to check fit on my truck (Nitto 420V 305 55 20) on one of my front wheels with stock suspension.
No rubbing at all. The only potential problem was the tire almost in contact with the upper control arm. It was about less than 1/4 of an inch away.
I decided to go with 275 60 20 for that and other reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread