5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire rotation question

bocco

Reaction score
Does tire rotation require reprograming the tire pressure system so it knows which wheel is on which corner? I've had cars in the past that required it.

834k3r

Reaction score
Neither the tire rotation page nor the TPMS page in the Owner's Manual mention reprogramming/recalibrating the sensors after rotation. Maybe the service manual does?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
No you don’t need to do anything other than adjusting psi. If you rotate front to back obviously your front tires now have the psi of the back ones and vice versa.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Always been that way for me too . Most Rams have the same psi front and back but the rebels are different .
Yeah I always run less in the rear for daily driving. For my tires I run 42 front and 35 rear when warmed up

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why different pressures? I air down a little bit in the Nor'easter months or if I am going hunting and going to be of road for a while, but all 4 the same

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Why different pressures? I air down a little bit in the Nor'easter months or if I am going hunting and going to be of road for a while, but all 4 the same
Because the front of the truck is quite a bit heavier than the rear

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The tires will all show the correct psi. It may take a few miles like one poster said, but they will synch.

Users who are viewing this thread