5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire rot ?

Jack.

Reaction score
I just noticed these cracks on my new tires. These are in the passenger back. Is this tires rot? Only got like prob 4k highway on em

Attachments

• 20220417_153201.jpg
    20220417_153201.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 82

Jack.

Reaction score
Hmm maybe i guess ill have this check out by a tireshop just to be safe, already had one of these blew out the like 4 months ago. Was just curious since i do be avoiding all sort of potholes and etc after the 1st one blew out.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can see the rub marks, did you get off-road lately? Reminds me of every tire I had when I lived in AZ

Jack.

Reaction score
You can see the rub marks, did you get off-road lately? Reminds me of every tire I had when I lived in AZ
Nah havnt been offloading its probably as you said. I don't remember hitting anything sharp potholes or rocks however.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes looks like the tire hit something or could be someone just hit your tire in a parking lot or something.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just noticed these cracks on my new tires. These are in the passenger back. Is this tires rot? Only got like prob 4k highway on em
Manufacturing defect, or you ran over something? Check with where you purchased them you might have a warranty for that? Good luck!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I only caught the horizontal slash at first and assumed you ran something over, but then I saw the vertical cracks, what you typically would see on an older tire, unless that's dirt or something else?

Also, can't tell by the picture do to the aspect ratio, but is that on the sidewall? If so, that shouldn't be a safety issue.

Cracks..JPG

Jack.

Reaction score
I only caught the horizontal slash at first and assumed you ran something over, but then I saw the vertical cracks, what you typically would see on an older tire, unless that's dirt or something else?

Also, can't tell by the picture do to the aspect ratio, but is that on the sidewall? If so, that shouldn't be a safety issue.

View attachment 126681
Yeah its on the side wall, I noticed that too and I just assumed it's in the same thing happening here as the gap I was curious about. Here's a clearer picture. It doesn't seem bad tbh but I'm going to have it check out still

Attachments

• 20220418_093234.jpg
    20220418_093234.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 21

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah its on the side wall, I noticed that too and I just assumed it's in the same thing happening here as the gap I was curious about. Here's a clearer picture. It doesn't seem bad tbh but I'm going to have it check out still

Gotcha, based on that, the horizontal looks like damage from an external source, especially telling is the blemish on the rubber that surrounds it, maybe brushed the tire on a rough curb. The vertical crack just happens as the tire gets older, on a sidewall, it's not considered safety but cosmetic.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It looks to me like there are scrape marks around the small gash on the sidewall.

Jack.

Reaction score
So I found the culprit. My dad had taken the truck when I was out of town last weekend and he did infact curbed it slightly when trying to back into a parking spot cuz my tint was too dark ☠️☠️.

Users who are viewing this thread