5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire recommendations

steelrfan85

Reaction score
I'm going to replace the stock 22 night edition tires. I'm looking for best overall performance and comfort. I'm going to be going with 20's. I live in FL so just rain and eventually going to get a boat. I'm nee to all this stuff. Where would I even find tires and rims?

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It depends on your goals. A lot of us run All Terrain tires but some prefer all season due to their needs or preference.

I live in FL. I run Pirelli Scorpion ATs on 20 inch stock Bighorn night edition rims. Quiet ride. Aggressive enough tread. Lost some mpg's but I wanted the trade off. They're good in the rain. Especially in 4auto if you got it.

If you're towing heavy, you'll want to wait for the towing experts to chime in. Happy modding!

smashweights

Reaction score

Nova

Reaction score
I second the Continental TerrainContact H/T, i swapped out my stock bridgestones for these and really happy with the performance

steelrfan85

Reaction score
Top rated wet performance for rain and boat ramps and XL load range for better sidewall stiffness when towing. I have these on my Ram and my neighbor got a set for his F150. Both quite happy. You're welcome.

They look more forgiving on curbs than the stock 22's

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I went with venom power. They have good grip and great price too. But noisy on the road but not bad

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Take a look at the Kumho Crugen HT51, we have installed a lot of these this fall/winter and not a complaint. Very cost efficient and rated well.

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
Consider looking at the Michelin Defender M/S2 285/45-22 XL which is their newest version of the #1 Tire Rack rated Michelin Defender tire for the past 6 years. Made in USA. I recently replaced the factory 20” Bridgestones with these newest Michelins and although I have not towed with them yet, they are Excellent in the rain and quiet.

The Continental TerrainContact H/T are an excellent choice also. Ranked #4 out of 58 by Tire Rack. Made in Portugal.

Happyswiss

Reaction score
South Florida here also. I had the stock Pirellis on 22s and just replaced the with 305/45-22s Michelins, XL rated. That little bit of extra sidewall made the ride better, the Michelins are more responsive, don’t follow grooves or dips as much and the noise is less or the same. I only had 1700 miles on my night edition wheels, so the comparison is new to new tires.
I replaced the wheels altogether, got pure black Gear Offroad 22x10s with +10 offset and the tires are now flush with the factory flares, no spacers needed, no rubbing.
It’s an amazing truck, I believe it should have come this way from the factory ;-)

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been very happy with the Continental Terrain Contact HT's. Currently have about 45K on them and have about 6/32 tread left. Still great in the rain, I never even need to use the 4wd auto with them. Michelin's are also good, I've ran 2-3 sets of those in the past with good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread