5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire recommendation for 22” stock oem Laramie wheels

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Looking for an all season tire (stock size) that is quiet, smooth and handles well in wet and snow conditions. I currently have the oem Goodyear tires. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Texas_Ram

Reaction score
Looking for an all season tire (stock size) that is quiet, smooth and handles well in wet and snow conditions. I currently have the oem Goodyear tires. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

I went with Toyo AT/3 in 285/55/22 if you want to upsize from OEM. Not much snow here in texas but they are snow rated, and they did great in rain , which was must have for me, and they have 50k tread warranty
ba4427d35ec7bddea7e766cc0a662f92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with Toyo AT/3 in 285/55/22 if you want to upsize from OEM. Not much snow here in texas but they are snow rated, and they did great in rain , which was must have for me, and they have 50k tread warranty
ba4427d35ec7bddea7e766cc0a662f92.jpg

Any rubbing? I wanted to go with 305/45/22 ridge grapplers. I don’t have a level or lift on my trick. All stock and I don’t want it to rub. Any pictures of the full truck in the image?

Texas_Ram

Reaction score
Any rubbing? I wanted to go with 305/45/22 ridge grapplers. I don’t have a level or lift on my trick. All stock and I don’t want it to rub. Any pictures of the full truck in the image?

It rubbed once at full lock, wheel to the left, in reversing into parking spot, that spot is the small corner of inner fender liner which is easy fix. 305/45/22 should work, I just got the truck, cracked one of the rims on oem stock tires, repaired it and went 34” Toyo for more sidewall! Got all my tire ideas and overall look searching tire sizes in this forum.
I have a 2” motofab level kit on mine.
a6f498890ceb1f9301c87a2e97d0acc4.jpg

Venom700

Reaction score
SCORPION VERDE ALL SEASON PLUS II

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It rubbed once at full lock, wheel to the left, in reversing into parking spot, that spot is the small corner of inner fender liner which is easy fix. 305/45/22 should work, I just got the truck, cracked one of the rims on oem stock tires, repaired it and went 34” Toyo for more sidewall! Got all my tire ideas and overall look searching tire sizes in this forum.
I have a 2” motofab level kit on mine.
a6f498890ceb1f9301c87a2e97d0acc4.jpg

So I decided to purchase either the 2 or 2.5 motofab spacers. Did you install new control arms?

Texas_Ram

Reaction score
nice, either would work, I didn’t get new control arms, just the 2” level on and that’s it.
The 2.5 level looks slightly nose up in pictures to me, but doesn’t look bad. A lot of guys go with 2.5 to clear 35” tires

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
nice, either would work, I didn’t get new control arms, just the 2” level on and that’s it.
The 2.5 level looks slightly nose up in pictures to me, but doesn’t look bad. A lot of guys go with 2.5 to clear 35” tires
Got ya. I don’t like the nose up. I might go with the 2. 35’s are too heavy for me. I’ll do anything between 33s-34s. Glad to know just 2” spacers in the front will clear 34s. Any other pictures you may have of your truck you can share? Also close up of the tires? I would highly appreciate it.

jimchi

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t know what those other guys are going on about but an All-Terrain tire is not what you want. AT tires are loud and ride quality is not a design goal.

For the qualities you’re looking for, you should go with an all-season. Consumer Reports’ top recommendation is the Continental TerrainContact H/T. Their synopsis:

The TerrainContact HT has an outstanding 95,000 projected mile tread life based on CR's test, though consumer tread life can vary based on vehicle and road conditions. Excellent snow traction and stops well on dry and wet surfaces. Very quiet, too.

Tire rack also rates the Continental highly. I currently have the Michelin Defender LTX M/S on my ‘03 Explorer, and I’ve been happy with them (also highly rated by CR). Looks like the Continental is cheaper and has better scores all-around, so I’d probably try those if it were time for replacements myself.

Last edited:

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I would recommend adding your truck details to your signature and your location in your profile. Helps with others being able to answer questions or make recommendations.

Users who are viewing this thread