5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Question

HemiCane

Reaction score
Hello, will be replacing my stock Goodyear tires size 285/45R22 and I wanted to know what anyone recommends. I currently have about 21K miles on my 2020 Laramie so I'm looking for something with a longer tread life and somewhat quiet. Also I was wondering how much bigger I can go with the stock rims 22's. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello, will be replacing my stock Goodyear tires size 285/45R22 and I wanted to know what anyone recommends. I currently have about 21K miles on my 2020 Laramie so I'm looking for something with a longer tread life and somewhat quiet. Also I was wondering how much bigger I can go with the stock rims 22's. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Are you looking for an all terrain style tire or a all season / summer tire?

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
While I have not used them, I have heard a LOT of good things about the Pirelli Scorpion tires. Bridgestone Duellers are also a good option and come in passenger and XL ratings.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A lot of people on here swar by Nitto and Toyo Summer tire offerings but im not sure they have a 285 wide size. Im still on the stock Bridgestone duelers and while they have great ride and dry weather performance they are very squshy for towing and have poor wet traction. Im on 20's though so im not sure if the same goes for the duelers that fit your truck.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the stock Scorpion Verdes on my 22"s - through the waning days of Winter and eraly Spring they have been fine, can't speak much more about Summer or actual Winter yet. I see some guys have installed 305s on their 22's and have been happy, so that sounds like a possibility. I had a set of Cooper Discoverer AT3 4 Seasons on my last Ram that I really liked, I will be putting those on my current truck before Winter

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been happy with my Continental Terrain Contact HT's. Great quiet ride and the wet traction is fantastic.

llando88

Reaction score
Just put a set of Michelin Defenders on my ‘21 Bighorn 1500. Very happy with them so far; I had the same tire on my ‘16 Laramie 2500 and had excellent wear. They are quiet and smooth.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
I have a set of Pirelli Scorpion Verde’s with 278 miles on them that is am selling for $400. Unfortunately I am in NE Ohio (but will be in Western NC next weekend).

HemiCane

Reaction score
I have the stock Scorpion Verdes on my 22"s - through the waning days of Winter and eraly Spring they have been fine, can't speak much more about Summer or actual Winter yet. I see some guys have installed 305s on their 22's and have been happy, so that sounds like a possibility. I had a set of Cooper Discoverer AT3 4 Seasons on my last Ram that I really liked, I will be putting those on my current truck before Winter
305's hmm will have to look into that one. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread