5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire pressure

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m running the Duratracs on what it says on the driver side door jamb and I think that’s still way to much. Experience in this area please and thank you.

19Jake

Reaction score
sticker pressure/smooth ride (y)
45 rear/55 front
IMG_2550.JPG

Last edited:

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I’m gonna air down to 40 front and 38 rear in the cold here. The truck placard seems high. I always like to run rears a little lower to help with understeer.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I aired down to 42 and 38 and really like the ride better. I think the placard that says 55/45 about as wrong as the stated mileage on the window sticker. The only thing I don’t like know is the stupid evic telling me my tires are under 55/45!

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am running mine at 45psi. Dealer had them at 58psi when I picked it up. When I did the inspection prior to signing the paperwork I made sure I had my tire gauge.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
TPMS system works from tire pressures on the driver door jamb. You have a 20% tire pressure window before the light turns on. In the front it will set off the TPMS warning light on at 44 psi, 36 psi i the back. Sucks for me because I wanted to run a B load tire, Nitto Terra Grappler G2, but max psi on them is 44psi and would set off the TPMS system. Thought a B load tire would give me and even better ride than I already have.

PatchesRebel

Reaction score
I am running mine at 45psi. Dealer had them at 58psi when I picked it up. When I did the inspection prior to signing the paperwork I made sure I had my tire gauge.

Are you experiencing tire/road noise?

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will air up to the 44/36 and see if I can keep them from setting off the tpms. Might give me the ride I'm liking without the dash protests.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
You will have to air up to 55/45 to shut off light , start and run truck to clear light and then air them back down to 44/37, any lower will set off TPMS light. Pain in the ***.

Users who are viewing this thread