5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Pressure

Kenny4

Reaction score
I have Wrangler Fortitude HT 275/65R/18. The Goodyear chart says 51lbs. I've been keeping it at 45lbs before reading the chart. What have you found best in your experience. Thanks

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
My doorjamb sticker says 36 psi and that's about where I run 'em. They're wearing nicely and they don't squeal on turns like an underinflated tire would. Normal around town warm up gets them to 38F, 37 R. Sustained high speed driving heats them up to maybe 41 psi.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have Wrangler Fortitude HT 275/65R/18. The Goodyear chart says 51lbs. I've been keeping it at 45lbs before reading the chart. What have you found best in your experience. Thanks
Is that 51 lbs the recommended pressure, or the maximum pressure? For tires that size, most of the time that is around max pressure, and you almost never want to be running at that. I run mine at around 36-38 PSI.

5thGenLoco

Reaction score
Generally the TPMS detects pressure variances between the tires, not the pressure itself. The TPMS has no idea what tire brand you have installed. With the stock tires on mine, same size but different brand, 38 front and 36 rear wore perfectly.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever is on the door is the best for the vehicle.
^^This if you're running original tires under "normal" conditions. Once you replace them, whatever is on that sticker goes out the window depending on the type and size tire you install.

Users who are viewing this thread