5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Pressure question for 20 inch tires

av8tor86

Reaction score
I have put a set of 20’ Night Edition Rims on my 2020 Bighorn that came stock with 18’ tires. Can someone that has stock 20’ please tell me the recommend tire pressure from inside their door? I had 275/55/20 Grabber ATX put on to replace the Duelers, and just want to verify the proper recommended pressure. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have put a set of 20’ Night Edition Rims on my 2020 Bighorn that came stock with 18’ tires. Can someone that has stock 20’ please tell me the recommend tire pressure from inside their door? I had 275/55/20 Grabber ATX put on to replace the Duelers, and just want to verify the proper recommended pressure. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My door sticker says 32 PSI all 4 corners.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All this talk of 36PSI made me go back and look at my sticker...and sure enough it's 32 for me:

1634416760904.png

I wonder why the disparity?

LouNY

Reaction score
Interesting question it seems to come up often in various forms;
here is an answer I found,
OEM Size (LT275/65R18 C) Load Capacity: 2054 lbs. @ 38 psi.
New Size (275/55R20 SL) Load Capacity: 2061 lbs. @ 28 psi.

There is a website that I visit often when I'm researching tire questions,
https://tiresize.com/pressure-calculator/

They have several pages of different tire tools and comparison charts and diagrams.
The PSI values above came from one of their calculators.
Those values give the "same" load carrying capacity.

Reactions: c3k

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You will have to just experiment with different pressures to find what works for your combo. The "recommended" pressure on door jamb is a starting point at best. And is there for ride quality. I find 32 psi is too low for my truck with the factory Fallen Wildpeaks, even though that's what my door sticker says. I have 40 in front and 36 in rear right now

Users who are viewing this thread