5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire pressure monitoring system after rotation

Nightowl

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500. After rotating tires how do you reset the pressure monitor system to match up to the correct tires? The manual doesn't say anything.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500. After rotating tires how do you reset the pressure monitor system to match up to the correct tires? The manual doesn't say anything.

Just driving will reset it, but can take some time, last time I did a rotation it took 10 miles.

Really noticeable on a Rebel since the F/R is 55/45, so really noticeable when they are in the wrong position. Most owners with trucks at 35 psi all around would likely not noticed.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
mine adjusts pretty fast.

It's weird, I see pressure adjustments right away, but for some reason, at least on mine (and some others) it takes a while to realize which corner of the truck they are. Maybe depends on conditions or other variables on how long they take.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's weird, I see pressure adjustments right away, but for some reason, at least on mine (and some others) it takes a while to realize which corner of the truck they are. Maybe depends on conditions or other variables on how long they take.
yes i dont think there is a standard time frame claimed to see the tpsm re-learn or program to corners of vehicle. i wouldnt be to worried about it unless its a prolonged time (hours or day(s) then i would worry

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The corners are recognized by wheel speed from each speed sensor. To get the corners recognized quickly on mine, I just drive around my neighborhood blocks a few time mixing in slow right and left turns.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
The corners are recognized by wheel speed from each speed sensor. To get the corners recognized quickly on mine, I just drive around my neighborhood blocks a few time mixing in slow right and left turns.
That sounds like a great tip, most of the time when I'm driving it's in a straight line, I'll try to do a few more lower speed turns after a rotation and see how quicker it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/