5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Pressure Help!!!

My_first_RAM

Reaction score
I am currently running 33x12.50r20 Geolanders on a 2020 Rebel and I am trying to figure out what PSI I should run for daily driving. The shop set them at the recommended 55 in the front and 45 in the rear but that seems to be way to high, compared to what I ran on all my previous trucks and Jeep’s.

If I lower the pressure, how do I change the measures on the dash so the error light doesn’t come on?

thank you.

coolhandluchs

Reaction score
I used this: Tire Pressure Calculator

Went from 275/55r20 to 275/70/r18. Don't know if it's completely accurate, but seems like a good starting point. I'm running 40psi for now, but might bump it up a bit.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When you move into E rated tires, pressures are typically a bit higher than the SL or XL (P-rated) tires that come on our trucks from the factory (except the Rebel, which comes with E rated tires if I recall correctly).

When I had E rated 34" tires on my 2014 Ram 1500, the sweet spot for my particular tires was 50 PSI, if I recall correctly. Any lower and the ride was smoother, but they wore funny. Any higher, and the truck's ride became extra harsh. Max pressure on those tires was 80 PSI.

Just looked up your Geolanders, appear to have a max of 65 PSI.

Kibro2

Reaction score
I’m running 42 front and rear on my Rebel with E rated Nitto ridge grapplers. Used my TazorDT to change TPMS down to 36 to keep lights off.

Users who are viewing this thread